• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

True - assuming they're physical copies as opposed to the downloadable versions that seem to be popular at the moment.

They are the physical copies of the games, someone posted a picture of their bundle with the receipt. I think if you sell the games, could bring the actual price down to around £250, maybe less.

Interesting deal in that case.

Out of interest, how much space does a downloaded game take up? I'd want to get FIFA 15 for example and wondered how much of a 500GB hard drive would be taken up with a full game download?

I was going to pick up F1 2014 today, but the reviews are horrendous.

Instead, I'm going to grab a copy of 2013 as I didn't get it last year. Added benefit of cars from the 80's and 90's plus 4 old tracks. Lovely.

Interesting deal in that case.

Out of interest, how much space does a downloaded game take up? I'd want to get FIFA 15 for example and wondered how much of a 500GB hard drive would be taken up with a full game download?

It's 13.6GB on the ps4 so I presume the same on the Xbone

I am up to about 87% of my hard drive full already.

Was over 95% until I discovered and deleted all the shitty free download games micro had put on there.

Guess I am going to be in the market for a memory expansion pack fairly soon.

Bought a LOT of games for it. However, I am going to have a look at a couple of things. For instance, I think there are two versions of Destiny downloaded (one by me when I bought it, the other by micro when he decided to play it a day later) and that game is MASSIVE.

If I do need to upgrade there appear to be external memory upgrades up to around 4 Tb (faints) and they will improve download times as well. Seems like a lot of bang for your buck. I will probably invest this month as I have Far Cry 4 and the new Assassin's Creed coming

Just read the thread and it seems some people are getting the console bundle that includes Forza Horizon (as opposed to a solus console) - AND Alien Isolation, AND The Evil Within. For £305. Oof.

That's a fantastic deal! I'll be in the market for a PS4 soon so I won't get anything like that unfortunately.

I was going to pick up F1 2014 today, but the reviews are horrendous.

Instead, I'm going to grab a copy of 2013 as I didn't get it last year. Added benefit of cars from the 80's and 90's plus 4 old tracks. Lovely.

I'm hoping its a case of them not trying too hard with it as I read that next years game will come out much nearer the start of the season (which makes a hell of a lot more sense tbh). Probably be the first one to properly make use of the new consoles capabilities too. Hopefully.

I'm hoping its a case of them not trying too hard with it as I read that next years game will come out much nearer the start of the season (which makes a hell of a lot more sense tbh). Probably be the first one to properly make use of the new consoles capabilities too. Hopefully.

Still, by the sounds of it they've been marketing it as a completely new release when it actually has fewer features than the previous years. I didn't realise 2013 had the vintage cars/tracks else I'd have bought it last year.

Yeah, there's no next gen version of 2014 yet. My bro has 2013, it's excellent. Will get it myself at some point. I have too much unplayed stuff at the moment though.

Payday is free to keep today only on Steam.

I'm still playing 2012 quite regularly, but mainly just for time trials, so the thought of doing it in a 92 Williams is highly appealing. Should be able to pick it up for £20.

That's a fantastic deal! I'll be in the market for a PS4 soon so I won't get anything like that unfortunately.
Tesco Online are currently doing PS4s with Alien Isolation, FIFA 15 and Minecraft for £349.99.

I'm still playing 2012 quite regularly, but mainly just for time trials, so the thought of doing it in a 92 Williams is highly appealing. Should be able to pick it up for £20.

I've got a mod installed on GTR2 for the whole 1994 F1 season, circuits, cars, adverts, the lot. Immense fun.

It's a fantastic game if you like turn based strategy with a little rpg element to it. It's the only game I've replayed three times as it unlocks different things on each level. I haven't played the expansion pack yet, but by all accounts it takes it to a different level.

It's essentially a table-top game without the hassle of spending the budget of an African country to play it.

Cheers. I own XCOM: Terror from the Deep which I really enjoyed back in the day.

Still, by the sounds of it they've been marketing it as a completely new release when it actually has fewer features than the previous years. I didn't realise 2013 had the vintage cars/tracks else I'd have bought it last year.

I haven't heard much about it either way tbh as I wasn't planning on getting another f1 game until I have a ps4. Might pick up 2013 in a steam sale at Christmas to tide me over

I have a site bookmarked on my PC (top reviews, seems legit) that is selling Steam keys for that for under £8. I'm out at the moment but I'll link you up when I get home tonight.

Back