• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Not for me. Tennant was very good but I think Matt Smith is a better actor and the zaniness he has suits the character perfectly.

Tennant was good, but he never really got more malevolent than at the end of The Family Of Blood although it was played as a silent, moody wickedness. Smith, on the other hand, plays The Doctor as though he could kick-off at any time....and that, for me, is bettererererrr.

Smith is actually the nearest there has been to Tom Baker's Doctor.

Basically looks like he's bordering on insanity but is capable of turning grumpy/angry at the drop of a hat.

This is what Langers' second Christmas tree looks like:

dalek-tree.jpg

Looking forward to tomorrow,I hope Jenna/Clara turns out to be a modest girl with stars in her eyes and not another "sassy" Amy Pond.

Langers will be here soon to give his verdict, no doubt as soon as he's wiped the sex wee from off his telly.

I thought it was pretty decent.

Langers will be here soon to give his verdict, no doubt as soon as he's wiped the sex wee from off his telly.

I thought it was pretty decent.

Me too,enjoyed most of it.Don't get why she couldn't be the companion,now we get a sassy 21st century version of her it seems.

To be more precise,I enjoyed it for 42 minutes,then Clara said "soufflés"....then everything was solved by tears at Christmas and then she died.
Why can't we just get a normal companion,and why does she still live in our time?

The Sontaran was brilliant btw. and so was Clara.

Last edited:
Me too,enjoyed most of it.Don't get why she couldn't be the companion,now we get a sassy 21st century version of her it seems.

To be more precise,I enjoyed it for 42 minutes,then Clara said "soufflés"....then everything was solved by tears at Christmas and then she died.
Why can't we just get a normal companion,and why does she still live in our time?

The Sontaran was brilliant btw. and so was Clara.

Well as far as I can work out, the universe keeps making her over and over until the Doctor discovers her. I guess we'll see....in the spring, is it?

Finally got round to see it.

Really enjoyed it - Clara is a brilliant character, and I'm intrigued to see how she'll be written into the show full time. It's always good to have that sense of mystery around the show - TBH I think the first half of this series lacked that. This episode was miles better than any of the first few episodes we've seen this year (Dalek one excepted which I thought was great).

A few things I loved:

The Doctor being moody. I do enjoy him when he's being a moody bastard. Some top one liners from Matt Smith too.
Most importantly for a Who nerd like myself - YOU SEE HIS FACE IN THE NEW TITLE SEQUENCE!! That's straight out of the classic series and it should have been added into the very start of the new series in 2005.

Things I wasn't keen on:

The new Tardis looks shit. Too grey. Why change it? I loved the one they made at the end of The Eleventh Hour.
Although the chemistry between the Doctor and Clara looks good, I really hope they don't make her a romantic interest. We've had Rose, I got bored of Rose, I don't want another Rose. I guess time will tell on this one.

Just been reading my Viz annual which I got for Christmas and noticed this in the brilliant letters section:

"Can any Doctor Who fans confirm what Davros did if he wanted a shit? I reckon his Dalek arse was fitted with a 'crumb tray' like you get with some toasters."

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Genius. And a very fair point. Though he was a Kaled. Not a Dalek.

Contract the work out. Pretty simple really

Back