• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Short-term Wolves XI

@quirk had Proudlock and Leon shirts..

Felt for the guy that went early on his Moutinho shirt and got the wrong squad number.

What about who would be manager? (via a narrower filter than 2 years)

Lop
Lambert
Edwards
Zenga
Saunders
Solbakken
Connor
Chapman
McGarry
Docherty
Greaves
Beattie

This list is actually heck of a lot shorter than I thought it'd be (no Rob Edwards though?:

Just permanent managers Little isn't on there either.

What about who would be manager? (via a narrower filter than 2 years)

Lop
Lambert
Edwards
Zenga
Saunders
Solbakken
Connor
Chapman
McGarry
Docherty
Greaves
Beattie

This list is actually heck of a lot shorter than I thought it'd be (no Rob Edwards though?:
Ian Greaves. Absolutely no question there, given Lop's high maintenance.

John Ward won 3 of his 4 games as caretaker in 2000/01 if we're counting them (and I think he was basically in charge for a cup win at Forest too, Jones had been appointed but don't think he did a lot for that game).

Yes, the second shouldn't count, otherwise Jackie Mac loses his right back place

Does Hans Segers count? Only memory I have of him is giving a penalty away and then saving it. Unless my memory is failing me, which could be happening!

Saved a pen in the FA Cup quarter final at Leeds and then a week later at home to Crewe, he didn't give either away.

He was awful aside from that, looked about 50. His shite kick led to Arsenal's goal at Villa Park.

Saved a pen in the FA Cup quarter final at Leeds and then a week later at home to Crewe, he didn't give either away.

He was awful aside from that, looked about 50. His shite kick led to Arsenal's goal at Villa Park.
Sedgley not adhering to the old "turn and face" was problem on that kick too, the knobhead.

Dariusz Kubicki? although not better than either FB named so far. Remember him doing pretty well for Sunderland

Guess my memory is only partially gone then! I’ll blame it on being too young to remember

Back