• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Short-term Wolves XI

Tom Huddlestone?
Good shout, though Hoddle managed to destroy his confidence along the way.

I liked Carlos Edwards a lot but I'm not picking him over Walters.

Never liked Guy Whittingham, way off Bull, Kelly and Goodman from the same era.

Alright Mr Three Central Strikers with no width.

p02yl6hp.jpg

How would that work? :D

Alright Mr Three Central Strikers with no width.

p02yl6hp.jpg

How would that work? :D
Irrelevant Dan. It's a player that made a massive impact. Going by your logic if we play them all together as a unit now (Along side the youngest member Barry Douglas) then we would have a right hand side a combined age of 120.

Peszko maybe. Not an all timer but I remember him being better than Hunt.

Well as for impact we went from not being in the playoffs to not being in the playoffs, and had Bully not been injured at the time then he wouldn't have got in our team anyway.

Pick him in your side if you want x

Only so many options in my history and most are shite!

Think the oldies can have Emlyn Hughes (2 years). I don't know if he was actually any good for us.

Kightly was pretty much saying. ALAN LOOK AT ME OVER HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suppose I don’t think of him as short term? Tbh I have a weird relationship with the 10/11 team where they feel like historical fixtures at the club to me. Just because they were my “first”.

Kightly was here for nearly 6 years

Think the oldies can have Emlyn Hughes (2 years). I don't know if he was actually any good for us.
I saw him play for us, but I don't think the judgement of an 8 year old is much to go on. From things players from that side have said his strength was his on field and dressing room influence rather than his playing ability at that stage of his career, but gave them the confidence to believe they could win the League Cup Final

In terms of technical ability, Fernando Gomez would be right up there. Magnificent footballer, but looked and ran like George Graham when he was only 33.

WMA4NI6APRDIVG6EGGTAZ4O2GU.jpg

In terms of technical ability, Fernando Gomez would be right up there. Magnificent footballer, but looked and ran like George Graham when he was only 33.

WMA4NI6APRDIVG6EGGTAZ4O2GU.jpg

Loved him, got his haircut in homage...maybe..

I saw him play for us, but I don't think the judgement of an 8 year old is much to go on. From things players from that side have said his strength was his on field and dressing room influence rather than his playing ability at that stage of his career, but gave them the confidence to believe they could win the League Cup Final
Bit of an Ally Robertson then (I was a similar age when he played for us)

Struggling for CHs as I'd rather not put Breen and De Wolf together, given the lack of pace. But you then start looking at Williamson who was a worse version of the same thing and Bischoff who I'm not actually sure was any good, he could just run which was a novelty.

Plenty of awful short term CHs. Coleman, Thetis, Peacock, Bassong, Madden, Gyepes, Stancliffe, Hindmarch, Björklund...

Back