• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Players you disliked

Alan Sunderland for me. He was playing right back at Arsenal, Wolves were pressing, Arsenal stole the ball and broke, Sunderland just stood on the halfway line, not bothering to even saunter back Doherty style.

Later on he signed for Arsenal.

Alan Sunderland for me. He was playing right back at Arsenal, Wolves were pressing, Arsenal stole the ball and broke, Sunderland just stood on the halfway line, not bothering to even saunter back Doherty style.

Later on he signed for Arsenal.
I was wondering when he'd come up. My first pick when I saw this thread. O'Hara the second.

Greg Halford
Michael Mancienne
Karl Henry - final two seasons and onwards, arrogant and a liability
Dave Edwards - lovely guy but the media narrative about Dangerous Dave and the notion he was the Championship Lampard wound me up
Matt Doherty
Fabio Silva
Jack Robinson
Kaspars Gorkss
Sheyi Ojo
Willian Jose

I'd say I definitely disliked Kevin Doyle towards the end. He just became such a burden to the team.

Leon Clarke was my hate figure.

I couldn't stop laughing long enough at his utter incompetence in 45 minutes to hate Valentino Shielis.

Earliest dislike was Phil Parkes in the mid ‘70s. It was the end of his career but he hardly saved anything in the early games I went to.

Since then the ones I dislike fall into the category of thinking they’re better than they are and consequently not putting 100% effort in. Obvious candidates at Darren Ferguson, Steve Corsica, David Davies after his first few appearances, Halford, and that waster of a fullback we had on loan from MU whose name escapes me. More latterly Trincao and pre and post Nuno Doherty.

Others outside of that group include Karl Henry and Podence. The latter just never seemed to realise that losing the ball trying a fancy flick when a simple pass would have done the job successfully wasn’t clever. Throw in his feigning injury and diving and he rivals Doherty for first place.

................. Lonnergan
Hoever... Johnson....Gorrks.....Rowe
Nunes...Henry...halford....Helan
.......... Claridge..... Clarke

Maybe a bit harsh on Hoever - but I was struggling at right back

--------------------------Beasant-------------------

Rankine---------Johnson-------Blades-------M Camara

Pennant---------Olofinjana-----Ferguson-----Corica

------------------Clarke-------Eastwood-----------------

I almost mentioned Pennant but I remember us all turning on him pretty damn quick (and there were some I'm sure who knew it was going to be fucked from the off).

Earliest dislike was Phil Parkes in the mid ‘70s. It was the end of his career but he hardly saved anything in the early games I went to.

Since then the ones I dislike fall into the category of thinking they’re better than they are and consequently not putting 100% effort in. Obvious candidates at Darren Ferguson, Steve Corsica, David Davies after his first few appearances, Halford, and that waster of a fullback we had on loan from MU whose name escapes me. More latterly Trincao and pre and post Nuno Doherty.

Others outside of that group include Karl Henry and Podence. The latter just never seemed to realise that losing the ball trying a fancy flick when a simple pass would have done the job successfully wasn’t clever. Throw in his feigning injury and diving and he rivals Doherty for first place.
Cameron borthwick-jackson

I almost mentioned Pennant but I remember us all turning on him pretty damn quick (and there were some I'm sure who knew it was going to be fucked from the off).
Tried not to go with loanees, especially short term ones as they're only ever passing through as a sticking plaster solution - but his attitude was even worse than Halford's.

Kevin Muscat, just a fucking thug with a license to maim.

My god you young uns
Try watching a very Fat Ray Hankin, or the Chapman brothers
Some if the dross that played in our Plummet through the leagues really deserved our Hatred

My god you young uns
Try watching a very Fat Ray Hankin, or the Chapman brothers
Some if the dross that played in our Plummet through the leagues really deserved our Hatred
Why would you hate kids like Campbell Chapman who were trying their hardest in extremely difficult circumstances?

Any room on anyone's bench for Van La Parra?

Back