• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Players you disliked

Christophe Berra, specifically his cuddling at corners, was inviting a penalty every bloody time.

Rajiv van la Parra, seemed a nothing of a player, didn’t bring anything to the team. Summed up the final Jackett seasons. I saw him score and even that was rubbish.

Tangent from the General thread. Hate is a very strong word, but we'll all have multiple players we had a strong dislike for. Ignore the obvious like Roger Johnson or Steve Claridge who everyone can't stand, who are yours? Give reasons if you like, but you don't have to.

I'll go with 10 to start with (and I'll happily qualify any of them) but I could probably go to 60 without thinking about it, I reckon :D

Gonçalo Guedes
Mark Rankine
Matt Doherty
Darren Ferguson
Marlon Harewood
Seyi Olofinjana
Michael Mancienne
Stephen Hunt
Tim Steele
Steve Corica
What’s the hatred for Olofinjana. Have I missed something?

Jamie O’hara would be in there for me.

David Davis also. Met him on a night out in Shrewsbury when he was on loan there. Giving it the big one in Maccies as he was in a queue saying ‘I play for wolves I shouldnt have the queue’ someone then shouted reserves, and he didn’t take it very well.

I enjoyed it, and my chicken nuggs, however

O'Hara
Kilman
Camara
Griffiths
Guedes
Silva

Last edited:
Can only think of Doherty, Camara in the end and I was getting there with Trincao too.

EDIT: Edwards. Feels wrong but I did for similar reason to Doc (thought he was crap. He did run about well though...)

I don't hate any players but Kmac and Evans annoyed me so much, guess I expected too much of them when we came back up to the Championship but I thought they were overrated and mainly a bit shit.
Muscat I really liked at first but he turned into such a twat.
Proudlock I had such high hopes for after that first season, local kid and everyone at Nova,Utd was rooting for him but he really wasted his talent.
I'd had McDonald as a key player on FM a couple of seasons before we signed him (I forget which club I had going on that save... Bath City maybe?) so I was very excited to see what the real deal was like.

And the real deal turned out to be inconsistent and kind of a dick?

Can only think of Doherty, Camara in the end and I was getting there with Trincao too.

EDIT: Edwards. Feels wrong but I did for similar reason to Doc (thought he was crap. He did run about well though...)
Trincao is a good call.

I'd say Trincao really wasn't here long enough to hated (he was never really our player either), and loan players are frequently shit and disinterested when they don't necessarily want to be where they're sent too.

Can I just just say that Thommo was a bog standard championship full back in a time where we were looking to make the step up to Premier league football. He wasn’t fit for the purpose of what we were trying to achieve and it’s more the way he is revered by a section of the fan base the sticks in my craw rather than me disliking him per se. All this despite spending fortunes and years trying to replace him as he just wasn’t good enough. Not as bad as our recruitment team though as they repeatedly failed to find someone better in all areas of the pitch.
We’ve had far more over paid underachieving shite than Thommo although the curly perm and tache should have been binned long before it was.

Can I just just say that Thommo was a bog standard championship full back in a time where we were looking to make the step up to Premier league football. He wasn’t fit for the purpose of what we were trying to achieve and it’s more the way he is revered by a section of the fan base the sticks in my craw rather than me disliking him per se. All this despite spending fortunes and years trying to replace him as he just wasn’t good enough. Not as bad as our recruitment team though as they repeatedly failed to find someone better in all areas of the pitch.
We’ve had far more over paid underachieving shite than Thommo although the curly perm and tache should have been binned long before it was.
This is it really. Ashley at right back and Venus at left back should have relegated him to being a squad player at the right time. Ashley ended up being shite though. Missed 1 penalty in an actual game in about 25 though, I think that's why he's probably over eulagised

I think Thommo's penalty record was better than that wasn't it? He scored 45 goals for Wolves, not many of those were from open play?

Jeez... we all know Thommo had his limitations but for fucks sake, he stopped playing for us in 1997 after 376 appearances. I don't get the continued hate for a guy who served the club so well at a critical time. It wasn't his fucking fault he kept getting picked to play.

Jeez... we all know Thommo had his limitations but for fucks sake, he stopped playing for us in 1997 after 376 appearances. I don't get the continued hate for a guy who served the club so well at a critical time. It wasn't his fucking fault he kept getting picked to play.
You could say that about a lot of players listed on here tonight.

The hate for Johnson and JOH I get, but the hatred for players who gave their all I can't get my head around at all.

Hate is a very strong word so this is my list of players I disliked when they wore a Wolves shirt.

Roger Johnson
Greg Halford
Grant Holt
Leon Clarke
Jamie O'Hara's wife
Henri Camara
Daniel Podence

Camara was fine when he played for us. The cuntitude came in after relegation and he never pulled the shirt on again after that point.

Steve Corica
Darren Ferguson
Paul Jones (2nd spell)
Marlon Harewood
Greg Halford
Jermaine Pennant
Andy Lonergan
Gonçalo Guedes
Matheus Nunes

I really hate half-arsed players basically

Back