• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Tennant $#@!s all over the other two for me...

I'd say that Smith is a very lose competitor but Tennant's y favourite as well - don't think Eccelstone had enough of a chance as Doctor myself

I go to hospital for 2 weeks and the thread ends up on page 5??? :icon_evil:

Well,only two moths till the christmas special!

Amy and Rory gone,WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! ;)

Just saw the Doctor Who "minisode"...

and the question is......."doesn't he look tired?" ;) I can only hope hehe

Minisode????! Where?

Sorry,haven't been able to access here since yesterday.The wanderer89 has posted a perfectly fine copy though. :)
I found it on the BBC site btw.

Sorry to bring it up but I know nothing about Dr Who but I would like to know who was the worst person to play the Dr and why please.

The answer is probably either Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy.

The order (best to worst) for me (bearing in mind I saw very little or Hartnell or Troughton) is:

Tom Baker
Matt Smith
Peter Davison
Jon Pertwee
David Tennant
Christopher Eccleston
Patrick Troughton
William Hartnell
Sylvester McCoy
Colin Baker

The answer is probably either Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy.

The order (best to worst) for me (bearing in mind I saw very little or Hartnell or Troughton) is:

Tom Baker
Matt Smith
Peter Davison
Jon Pertwee
David Tennant
Christopher Eccleston
Patrick Troughton
William Hartnell
Sylvester McCoy
Colin Baker

Didn't one of the McCann brothers play Doctor Who? Or was that in a film?

Didn't one of the McCann brothers play Doctor Who? Or was that in a film?

Paul McGann in the 1996 tv movie which was shit. He was quite good as the Doctor though - shame he never got a series.

Paul McGann in the 1996 tv movie which was $#@!. He was quite good as the Doctor though - shame he never got a series.

That's the one. Yeah, I thought he was a pretty good Doctor

Paul McGann in the 1996 tv movie which was $#@!. He was quite good as the Doctor though - shame he never got a series.

Watched this the other day. Have to agree that although it was fairly poor overall, he was a good Doctor.

Anyway James - to answer your question - I would have to say Colin Baker, but many of the problems weren't his fault.

For a start, they initially made him unlikeable. His first adventure - The Twin Dilemma - saw him attack his assistant as his regeneration didn't work properly. His erratic behaviour was the reason why his costume was so hideous - but they never sought to change it.

His tenure as the Doctor was beset with issues off screen - there were complaints that some of the stories were too violent, and the controller of the BBC at the time didn't want to see re-hashed Dalek/Cybermen/Master stories so insisted new enemies were written. Colin Baker's first series saw the old characters but I'd argue that Attack of the Cybermen is the worst Cyberman story and Revelation of the Daleks is the worst Dalek story!

So they wrote new characters like Sabalom Glitz who were frankly shit (probably why you've never heard of him!). As a result, audience figures plummeted and the show was axed for the first time in it's 25 year history.

They brought it back for Trial of a Time Lord which had it's moments but wasn't that great, and after that Colin Baker was sacked.

Colin Baker wasn't exactly a bad actor, but a shit costume, shit storylines and an annoying habit of shouting a lot when he really didn't need to means he's my least favourite.

I didn't include movies - hence why Peter Cushing isn't on the list.

Peter Cushing isn't classed as one of the 11, but Paul McGann is. The 60's Dalek films starring Cushing are classed as side projects, but the 1996 movie is part of the Dr Who universe. I really wish it wasn't - the Americans had absolutely no idea what they were doing with it.

The thing is - I liked the Peter Cushing films a LOT more than the 1996 movie.

Back