• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Yes, I liked that one a lot - I do enjoy it when the Doctor goes a little bit mental (like Waters of Mars for example).

Not as good as Asylum of the Daleks, but still very good.

Better than last week.I wish the writers didn't feel they have to give Amy something to do,her drawing a gun on the Doctor....stop,just....stop!

Second half of the story was better without her shooting up the place "accidentally".

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.

Good to see Ben Browder from Farscape back on the telly as Marshall Isaac too.

Good to see Ben Browder from Farscape back on the telly as Marshall Isaac too.

Shame they could only afford him for half the episode,would have been so much better if it was Amy throwing herself in front of the shot. :)

Two birds with one stone and all that.

I really don't understand your hatred of her. She's a much better character than Rose or Martha.

I really don't understand your hatred of her. She's a much better character than Rose or Martha.

Don't really hate her,I just feel she was poorly written in season 5 and I'm like the Doctor,no second chances! :)
Now I'm just waiting for her to leave.

Don't really hate her,I just feel she was poorly written in season 5 and I'm like the Doctor,no second chances! :)
Now I'm just waiting for her to leave.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here - the story arc of season 5 was excellent and the way her character develops is very well done. It set things up perfectly for season 6.

Though I do think she's chosen the right time to leave - more than 2 seasons for a companion is pushing it a bit IMHO.

Though I do think she's chosen the right time to leave - more than 2 seasons for a companion is pushing it a bit IMHO.

Agree,and btw I haven't really been fond of any of the companions so it's not exclusive to Amy.

Rose was fine with Chris.
Donna should have come before Martha,and she should never have had the "time lord incident with her own commentary" in Journey's end.

Rory is fine,but brutally underused.
I simply don't like Amy.

Is there only 5 episodes (+ a xmas one presumably) this autumn?

Not sure what to make of that one,I sort of liked it tho.

And I liked Miss Lethbridge Stewart.

While The Power of Three kept me interested throughout and I sort of liked it:

Too much talk about the Ponds leaving or staying or whatever,and the ending making us think they've signed a long term deal with the Doc was just silly....unless they've signed a long term deal with BBC.

Half the episode went where we waited for the cubes to do something and the Doctor worked the Pond Estate with paint and lawn mowing.

Reviving a large portion of the human race with the sonic screwdriver,too easy,why couldn't love fix it? Or family? Or Amy remembering them back to life? ;)

Massive opportunity gone not bringing someone from the past seasons,with finally a major crisis on earth.Once again in Moffat's Who there is no interaction with random people,just the inner circle...made me not care about those people on the screen falling over and presumably die in the streets.Davies did this a million times better.

One big plus for me,I liked Amy(for the first time since little Amelia Pond)! No sassyness,she was just happy.

Last edited:
I do like it when the Doctor has to cope with everyday life - Matt Smith was exceptional in that episode. There still hasn't been a 'WOW!' episode in this series yet - although Asylum of the Daleks was very good indeed.

I do like it when the Doctor has to cope with everyday life - Matt Smith was exceptional in that episode.

Agree,he was very good.

There still hasn't been a 'WOW!' episode in this series yet - although Asylum of the Daleks was very good indeed.

Agree.I'd rank them Asylum,Power,Mercy,Dino.

These Shakri,were they in classic who?

No, they're new. Nice to see Stephen Berkoff overacting again!! He's in The Borgias at the moment and he makes me laugh.

The scene with the Doctor and Amy by the river was well-done - sort of wakcy but not in an over-the-top way of Dinosaurs on a Spaceship - liked it!

Next episode looks to be better though! ;)

The scene with the Doctor and Amy by the river was well-done - sort of wakcy but not in an over-the-top way of Dinosaurs on a Spaceship - liked it!

Next episode looks to be better though! ;)

Is next week the last episode of this batch,until christmas?

Back