• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Is next week the last episode of this batch,until christmas?

Yeah, it should be which also means that it should be the end of Amy and Rory as the Doctor's companions... not sure how they'll do that, remember the others ones getting two episodes running into each other!

Yeah, it should be which also means that it should be the end of Amy and Rory as the Doctor's companions... not sure how they'll do that, remember the others ones getting two episodes running into each other!

Hopefully there'll be more eps in the anniversary year.

Yup. Back on form.

Notice that Stephen Moffat wrote this episode! :)

Though I'm not sure how a giant statue can walk through 'The City that never sleeps' withone someone stopping and staring but that's not important! XD Never seen The Doctor freak out so much - well, not in recent memory anyway!

Notice that Stephen Moffat wrote this episode! :)

Though I'm not sure how a giant statue can walk through 'The City that never sleeps' withone someone stopping and staring but that's not important! XD Never seen The Doctor freak out so much - well, not in recent memory anyway!

He's a time travelling time lord from the planet gallifrey who can fix anything with a sonic screwdrive - it is safe to assume I have already suspended belief so I have no problem with a giant statue walking through the streets of Manhattan.

It was fine I guess,my biggest issue with the last 4 episodes is I feel no desire to watch them again...that has not happened before.

Really enjoyed that one - I do love the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey episodes, and a nice way for Amy and Rory to depart. Though I would say their departure was a bit sudden (however, that's what it used to be like in the olden days!).

NFB - I agree about episodes 2, 3 and 4 but Asylum of the Daleks and last nights were both very good and I'd see them again.

How come the 2,000 year old Rory was all of a sudden able to age and die at 82?

NFB - I agree about episodes 2, 3 and 4 but Asylum of the Daleks and last nights were both very good and I'd see them again.

I agree 1 and 5 the two best eps,still not feeling the watch again virus rummaging through my brain. :)

(Hoping rummaging is a word) ;)

Silly ending,why can't the doctor go get them somewhere else if he can't go back to NY?

Surely Amelia could have wrote where in the afterword?

Would have worked better for me if noone knew if they were sent to the same time and place or which time.That would have made for a more sad ending imo....

I'm very happy Amy and Rory are gone,for me they were dragging the series down.I hope Miss Coleman can bring back the wonder,Amy hardly showed any amazement and Rory none at all.

So,if I understand it correctly there is the Christmas special and then 8 episodes in the spring?

I'm guessing that will be Matt Smith's last episodes.

Don't think it will be. He'll stay for at least one more series I reckon.

I'm sure I read somewhere he said he's staying until 2014 at least, which has made me happy as I think he's a fantastic Doctor.

I'm sure I read somewhere he said he's staying until 2014 at least, which has made me happy as I think he's a fantastic Doctor.

I like him,just thought I read somewhere he'll be leaving sometime in 2013,could be after the autumn eps ofcourse.

I started watching Doctor Who with "Rose",and had no idea about regenerations so I was a big questionmark at the end of "Parting" thinking WTF and Who the fuck is this guy???? (Tennant).He turned out to be my favourite doctor from the wide selection of three. ;)

Smith
Ecclestone
Tennant

In that order. Though Tennant was great. So the standard has been very good!

Tennant shits all over the other two for me...

So the standard has been very good!

Indeed it has,very little between them imo.

Now if they could only find the perfect companion...hoping miss Coleman will be.

A gorgeous companion with not the slightest interest in the Doctor would do for me.

b6Gxp.jpg

Back