• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

The centre backs should be fun one can't wait for that.

We'll need to play 3 CBs to accommodate all the shit ones we've had.

Mo Camara
Jack Robinson
Tommy Rowe

His finest moment was providing an 'assist' for Bully in a 1-0 win at Maine Road.

I remember reading somewhere that Kit Symons had done more to contribute towards wolves promotion efforts than Steve corica. I think he had a couple of mares against us

We'll need to play 3 CBs to accommodate all the shit ones we've had.

Need to make sure we leave enough room for strikers though - very tough to narrow down to 2

Edwards
Robinson
Thompson

Probably being a bit unfair sticking Thommo in there but there was a fucking good reason we kept buying full backs in his time at the club. I used to get deflated hearing his name in the line up each week. Being part of the shit move from the corners where someone used to dummy it before Thommo used have a pop at goal and always miss made us a laughing stock. The opposition coaches knew it was going to happen but didn't worry about it because those behind the goal were in more danger.

Paula Maldini he wasn't and you've probably guessed that it's annoyed me that in an Internet poll of left leaning, guardian reading, ale drinking has beens and never were's he came out on top as the best full back of the last 50 years!

Jamie Clapham - just shite
"Super" Mo - he is really the worst fullback I've ever seen but I was young and got swept up its the excitement of singing his name. Which means I have some fond memories of him...
Gilks

Last edited:
Wasn't Jesus a central midfielder? I don't remember him ever playing at left back.

Ahh, a quick search on wiki proves you right. I just have memories of him in the left back slot against Sunderland away (I think) but he could have just got lost rather than being positioned there.

I'll edit, It's not too hard to think of another poor left back for Wolves!

Mo camara never saw him play but my dad assures me he the worst ever player in over 50 years of watching
Neil masters thunder bolt shot but couldn't get of the table,
Brian Roberts, not idea why we signed him in the 90s

Mo Camara
Michael Gilkes
Daruis Kubicki

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mo camara never saw him play but my dad assures me he the worst ever player in over 50 years of watching

No disrespect to you Sir but that sentence has made me feel really old if you had to ask your Dad about a player from only 14 / 15 years ago :)

ps. just to put you in the picture Camara is still 10 years younger than me !!

No disrespect to you Sir but that sentence has made me feel really old if you had to ask your Dad about a player from only 14 / 15 years ago :)

ps. just to put you in the picture Camara is still 10 years younger than me !!
none taken, I was living abroad at the time and only saw a few games in a 7 year spell,

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

none taken, I was living abroad at the time and only saw a few games in a 7 year spell,

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Makes sense now. Was getting confused how you had to ask your Dad about Camara but knew about Masters and Roberts

Mo Camara - 57
Jamie Clapham - 25
Paul Edwards - 22
Dennis Pearce - 17
Jack Robinson - 16
Michael Gilkes - 12
Dan Jones - 9
Matt Hill - 4
Tommy Rowe - 4
David Heywood - 3
Neil Masters - 3
Jelle van Damme - 3
Mick Bennett - 2
Brian Roberts*, Kevin Muscat*, Andy Thompson, Stephen Ward, Dariusz Kubicki - all 1

*Neither of these were really LBs but I'll let it go

One of the coveted spots up next - centre half. Six picks and two go through.

Roger Johnson
Manuel Thetis
Simon Coleman
Paul Stancliffe
Rob Hindmarch
Kaspars Gorkss

I could easily have named another six.

Back