• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

10 votes should come off Dennis Pearce because of his sexy through ball to Bully at Man City..

Paul Stancliffe
Simon Coleman
Joakim Bjorkland
Roger Johnson
Kasparov Gorkss
Isaac Okoronkwo

Honorarable mention for Seb Bassong the utter wastrel.

Johnson
Madden
Gorkss
Blades
Coleman
Mountfield

I can't believe I've had to leave Eric Young out here. Absolutely fucking shit. Another wanky "cult hero".

I don't have room though, those six I've picked are awful. Lawrie Madden and Paul Blades can also breathe an undeserved sigh of relief, somehow.

Madden was utterly dreadful, only reason he's not number one for me is the utter twattishness of Johnson.

Kasper Gorkss
Sebastian Bassong - what a fucking waste of a shirt
Paul Stancliffe
Simon Coleman
Joakim Bjorkland
Eric Young

Johnson
Bassong
Coleman
Gorkss
Bjorkland
Nicky Clarke

I was holiday for Thetis' one home game

I was holiday for Thetis' one home game

He was rubbish but we somehow kept a clean sheet (albeit against a terrible Burnley team).

I did witness him at Portsmouth when Claridge scored a hat trick inside half an hour. Inept doesn't cover it. Like a man with legs made of spaghetti and feet made of Play-Doh.

Really weird career. Top level French and Spanish stuff (just a bit part player, but he did get games). Then a couple of years where he played a fair bit for a good Ipswich team. Joined us on loan before he turned 29. Three games for us, one for Sheff Utd later the same season, released by Ipswich, that was it. Never went anywhere else at all, just disappeared.

Roger Johnson
Ethan Ebanks-Landell
Darren Ward
Kaspars Gorkss
Joachim Bjorklund
Mikkel Bischoff

I've got some sympathy with Björklund. The guy had basically retired. However DJ decided that three months between Butler leaving (and he knew he was going well before that, as well as Okoronkwo) and the start of the season wasn't long enough to sign ONE centre back, the fucking idiot. So we were a week away from the opening day, Lescott still broken and just Craddock really as a senior option. Signed Björklund and chucked him straight in, he was quite obviously finished. We could have just signed someone in all that intervening period but no, we'll go through a load of trialists, fail to sign Michael bloody Duberry (thank Christ) and then panic. When he inevitably got injured, we ended up playing Lescott and jeopardising his whole career. God I hated DJ at times. Such a fucking chancer.

I also saw Hoddle play Björklund at RB vs Arsenal, amazing scenes.

Roger Johnson
Kaspars Gorkks
Sebastian Bassong
Joachim Bjorklund
Isaac Okoronkwo
Darren Ward

Kaspars Gorkss
Paul Stancliffe
Roger Johnson
Darren Peacock
Paul Blades
Simon Coleman

It took me ages to whittle it down.

Kaspars Gorkss
Paul Stancliffe
Roger Johnson
Darren Peacock
Paul Blades
Simon Coleman

It took me ages to whittle it down.

You should track down the top four and tell them individually that you think they're worse than Paul Blades, then show them printouts of all your posts about Blades down the years. They'll be suitably ashamed.

Simon Coleman
Roger Johnson
Joachim Bjorkland
Oleg Luzhny
Paul Stancliffe
Darren Peacock

Why all the Darren peacock hate? He only played 4 games for us, and nearly got himself paralysed in one of them...

Think all of us could compile a list of 15 shite centre halves easily, Paul Stancliffe own goal v Barnsley in 1991 still has me in stiches.

Why all the Darren peacock hate? He only played 4 games for us, and nearly got himself paralysed in one of them...

Appalling vs Albion away (when Ryan Green got sent off and he gave a penalty away for pulling back Hughes in a Des Walker/Marc Overmars style). That will stick with most people.

He also tried to sue us, the dickhead.

Back