• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

I'm going to be very angry if anyone has the nerve to put big George Elokobi in here.

Dan Jones
Jack Robinson
Neil Collins

Muscat, wow, can't agree with that, for all his obvious issues, how many times was he sent off and actually cost Wolves as a result?

A hell of a lot of his misdemeanors went unpunished, whether it was snapping Matt Holmes and Craig Bellamy, or throwing mud at Hasselbaink as he missed his penalty in the quarter final, there is only Grimsby were he seemed to purposely get sent off.

All that aside he was a good footballer who scored some good goals and wonderfully entertaining.
I dont like defenders who are capable of complete abbhorations. Muscat would have a brain fart and that was that. Off he would trot on his own little mission like an Austrailian Begby! Having scythed someone down or similar some times he may , just may, come down long enough to do his real job effectively. I guess I must have seen his worse games. It was more of a struggle when Mr Gloves got the RB slot. He would have been my number 2 or 3 at LB. Grimsby was unforgivable and gets Mad Kev in a nose ahead of other suitable candidates. In his career he received over 120 yellow cards and 12 reds in 500+ games so in a typical season he would get 10 yellows during a time when getting a yellow was harder.

Mo
Clapham
Robinson

I had a good few laughs at Mo but, as DW said, we shouldn't be starting players like that in the first place.

Was shocked at how bad Clapham and Robinson were. The latter in particular and a nasty little sod to boot.

I feel a bit sorry for Neill Collins getting picks there, he was a solid enough centre back and it was ridiculous he was ever played at full back

Camara
Clapham
Robinson

Muscat was a liability, is up there with Berra gave penalties away in the Wolves hall of mythology..... Anyway:
Van Damme - signed as a left back, Mick realised he couldn't play there before the end of pre season and was out of the club by the New Year. One of the criteria Deutsch said we could use was biggest let down so he's in for that.
Edwards
Pearce

Jamie Clapham
Dennis Pearce
Paul Edwards

Mo doesn't even make the top 3 the others were that bad. I haven't included Gilks in there and he was atrocious.

I have absolutely no memory of Dennis Pearce whatsoever. I had to google him to see who he was!

Edwards
Pearce
Gilks

Was tempted to put tomo in there, but I would probably have been cyber lynched.

Muscat was a liability, is up there with Berra gave penalties away in the Wolves hall of mythology..... Anyway:
Van Damme - signed as a left back, Mick realised he couldn't play there before the end of pre season and was out of the club by the New Year. One of the criteria Deutsch said we could use was biggest let down so he's in for that.
Edwards
Pearce

Good shout for Van Damme- mega disappointment after lots of hype.

Thompson is a touchy subject for some, I got a telling off for saying I thought he was a c*nt ;)

Mo Camara
Jack Robinson
Tommy Rowe

Was going to put Van Damme in their purely for the disappointment, but never actually saw him play left back and not sure he ever really did

I dont like defenders who are capable of complete abbhorations. Muscat would have a brain fart and that was that. Off he would trot on his own little mission like an Austrailian Begby! Having scythed someone down or similar some times he may , just may, come down long enough to do his real job effectively. I guess I must have seen his worse games. It was more of a struggle when Mr Gloves got the RB slot. He would have been my number 2 or 3 at LB. Grimsby was unforgivable and gets Mad Kev in a nose ahead of other suitable candidates. In his career he received over 120 yellow cards and 12 reds in 500+ games so in a typical season he would get 10 yellows during a time when getting a yellow was harder.

I may be wrong but I don't recall Muscat playing left-back

Colin Lee used him there a little bit, not very often though

David Heywood
Mick Bennett
Dennis Pearce

If people think Matt Doherty is poor, you should have seen these three in action.

Edwards
Camara
Masters - just because he promised so much but was hardly ever off the treatment table. Could have been our best for years.

Back