• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Matt Doherty - 29 (wins on most first place votes)
Kevin Ashley - 29
Darren Simkin - 16
Ronald Zubar - 15
Oleg Luzhny - 13
Mark Rankine - 12
Paul Blades - 9
Dariusz Kubicki - 9
Darren Oldroyd - 3
Maurice Ross - 3
Mike Coady - 2
Neill Collins - 2
Ryan Green - 1
Conor Coady - 1

Doc gets the shirt and I didn't even vote for him. Good.

Moving to the other side and left backs (three picks) - obviously Doherty is ineligible now as he's "won" right back. Which makes my #1 pick a very simple one:

Mo Camara
Paul Edwards
Jamie Clapham

I hate the concept of "cult heroes". What it normally means is that fans pretend to like some absolute fucking loser whose presence actively harms the team. I don't see the fun in that, I don't like shit footballers.

Mo Camara was fucking shit. Bandaged, grinning freak and I'll never forgive him for Carrow Road.

Last edited:
Mo Camara
Daniel Jones
Jack Robinson

Mo Camara
Jack Robinson
Tommy Rowe

Actually I'm changing my #3 to Jamie Clappedout.

Paul Edwards
Michael Gilkes
Mo Camara

I'm changing mine. Mo stops at 1 but PPG Matt Hill at 2 and Edwards dropping to 3rd

Mo Camara for the only reason that every shite team needs a cult hero! :stirthepot:
Jamie Clapham
Dan Jones

Coming to this late, but i'm amazed Sean Connelly (or Stephen Wright) didn't get a vote for right back, fucking dreadful, i assume you all forgot them, no way that Doherty is our worst!

1. Jamie Clapham - (No doubt he was decent before he came to Wolves, but he was slower than Oleg Luzhny!)
2. Neil Collins (never has a player looked more uncomfortable, especially when they are a right footed heading machine CB playing left back.)
3. Jack Robinson - Shit, just shit.

Camara No. Waste of a shirt. Worse than Doherty at left back. Even Mr Gloves is better than him.
Clapham Jaimie. Slow as a snail
Muscat. Just nuts and a liability

Camara No. Waste of a shirt. Worse than Doherty at left back. Even Mr Gloves is better than him.
Clapham Jaimie. Slow as a snail
Muscat. Just nuts and a liability

Muscat, wow, can't agree with that, for all his obvious issues, how many times was he sent off and actually cost Wolves as a result?

A hell of a lot of his misdemeanors went unpunished, whether it was snapping Matt Holmes and Craig Bellamy, or throwing mud at Hasselbaink as he missed his penalty in the quarter final, there is only Grimsby were he seemed to purposely get sent off.

All that aside he was a good footballer who scored some good goals and wonderfully entertaining.

How many games did Dan Jones actually play at left back? Didn't he play more often on the left side of midfield.

Anyway...

Dennis Pearce
Paul Edwards
Michael Gilkes

Coming to this late, but i'm amazed Sean Connelly (or Stephen Wright) didn't get a vote for right back, fucking dreadful, i assume you all forgot them, no way that Doherty is our worst!

Not just on ability, is it.

He's a rubbish right back who doesn't try and doesn't even bother to stay in shape, we've also been stupid enough to pick him extensively for a few years, he has cost and continues to cost us all the time largely down to his lack of effort, I'm not surprised he got loads of votes, especially over a couple of players who played a handful of games apiece for us over 15 years ago. I think Wright only played three!

Muscat is a barmy pick though. Doubt he played more than 15 games out of around 200 for us at LB and was actually good there. Including scoring this goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4S957NcNFg

Back