• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Zubar stays out of my thinking as he was part of the defence that helped us stay in the Premier league and scored a couple of crackers. I can never find the Carlos Alberto copy vs West Ham but the one attached, a last minute cup equaliser, wouldn't have been seen by many home fans.

He had another RB in front of him for a lot of the time that he "helped us stay in the Premier League". He cost us a lot more goals than he scored. His positioning is possibly the worst I've ever seen at Wolves, continually 20-30 yards away from where he should have been.

If this were "The Definitive TWF Stupidest Wolves XI" then he'd definitely be captain.

Luzhny
Doherty
Ashley

Anyone who thinks its a good idea to save Doherty for left back rather than sticking him at right back should remember that his performances improved on the left hand side!

Doherty is an abysmal full back. If he doesnt get RB then he gets my vote for left back. Whatever he gets a game!

Doherty is an abysmal full back. If he doesnt get RB then he gets my vote for left back. Whatever he gets a game!

He's not very good but he misses out on both flanks for me. Honestly - we've had worse.

If this were "The Definitive TWF Stupidest Wolves XI" then he'd definitely be captain.

Now there's a thought for a thread. Goalkeepers exposed in the Sunday tabloids, grinning full backs who have just cost us the chance to up, midfielders up on murder/manslaughter charges, forwards who think its great to mock those paying their wages. It wouldn't take long to fill up a team!

He's not very good but he misses out on both flanks for me. Honestly - we've had worse.

We haven't had many with a worse attitude.

If I were going just on ability then I'd probably have Simkin here. But we bought him from Blakenall, what do you expect. Whereas Ashley cost ridiculous money for the time (probably like us spending £6-7m or so on a full back now - imagine if we did that and you ended up with that result) and Zubar was also expensive for virtually no reward, his catalogue of howlers just for us would take a while to go through. They'll always get ahead of a £10k blind gamble from non-league for me, they were crap AND they came at heavy expense.

Personal preference though innit.

Now there's a thought for a thread. Goalkeepers exposed in the Sunday tabloids, grinning full backs who have just cost us the chance to up, midfielders up on murder/manslaughter charges, forwards who think its great to mock those paying their wages. It wouldn't take long to fill up a team!

Don't forget a centre half who nicked a bus while pissed up.

He had another RB in front of him for a lot of the time that he "helped us stay in the Premier League". He cost us a lot more goals than he scored. His positioning is possibly the worst I've ever seen at Wolves, continually 20-30 yards away from where he should have been.

Dont you mean Kaptin as his spelling would make me look like a poet Lauriette he is that daft. That goal v Bolton

FFS what did you have to put that up? I've only just about got over that. We actually played quite well in that game too.

Zubar
Doherty
Luzhny

We haven't had many with a worse attitude.

If I were going just on ability then I'd probably have Simkin here. But we bought him from Blakenall, what do you expect. Whereas Ashley cost ridiculous money for the time (probably like us spending £6-7m or so on a full back now - imagine if we did that and you ended up with that result) and Zubar was also expensive for virtually no reward, his catalogue of howlers just for us would take a while to go through. They'll always get ahead of a £10k blind gamble from non-league for me, they were crap AND they came at heavy expense.

Personal preference though innit.

Yeah of course - we're certainly more spoiled for choice with the Shit XI, that's for sure!

Doherty's attitude is awful, no arguments there, but he also came from Bohemians for a very low fee (less than 100k I think?). I'd have him over Maurice bloody Ross though.

FFS what did you have to put that up? I've only just about got over that. We actually played quite well in that game too.

It should have gone into row z, and was a howler to compete with the rest of them. Stearman being asleep didn't help though :stirthepot:

Zubar stays out of my thinking as he was part of the defence that helped us stay in the Premier league and scored a couple of crackers. I can never find the Carlos Alberto copy vs West Ham but the one attached, a last minute cup equaliser, wouldn't have been seen by many home fans.

I am always amazed how we forgive someone for being incompetent at the role we pay them for , because they did well doing something else that really wasnt their job. Doherty has scored a few as well. Both made my list as full backs because they are soooooo postitionally inept it beggars belief!
Doyle- what a great team player , never gives up - constant effort. Kev but mate where are the goals? Youre a centre forward
Bod- what a great team player , never gives up - constant effort, But Jon Dadi you dont score enough
Edwards- Runs more than any other Wolves player and scores a few from midefield. Cant tackle , Cant pass
Batth- made more headers than any other centre half last season. Couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo when it comes to passing to a team mate.
Stearman- three great tackles in a match- followed by a misskick that lets them into score.

I prefer players who are consistent at the job they are paid to do rather than do something extrodinary occassionally - its just me I suppose

I've told Deutsch I want an 'Insipid' Wolves XI after this so I can pick Tommy Rowe in about 3 positions.

thinking about it we really are spoiled for choice in a shit 11 arent we? We have had some real stinkers . Wait til we get to the strikers. I have a list. I am checking it twice. I am going to find out if they are shite , shite or just shite

Doherty's attitude is awful, no arguments there, but he also came from Bohemians for a very low fee (less than 100k I think?). I'd have him over Maurice bloody Ross though.

My main issue with Doherty is that he is so, so lazy. Especially when he was playing at RB. You could probably make a montage of goals we conceded with him in the background just strolling back towards goal.

Is that Kevin Foley skipping down the left to dig out a cross?!

Dont you mean Kaptin as his spelling would make me look like a poet Lauriette he is that daft. That goal v Bolton

That miss at the start sort of sums up everything that annoyed me about Jarvis, fast as fuck racing clear but then pretty much comes to a complete stop with only the keeper to beat and ends up scuffing a shit effort wide with the defenders closing in on him. You'd think anyone with that sort of pace in that situation would've took that in their stride and sailed around the keeper but his technique and composure left so much to be desired.

I am always amazed how we forgive someone for being incompetent at the role we pay them for , because they did well doing something else that really wasnt their job. Doherty has scored a few as well. Both made my list as full backs because they are soooooo postitionally inept it beggars belief!
Doyle- what a great team player , never gives up - constant effort. Kev but mate where are the goals? Youre a centre forward
Bod- what a great team player , never gives up - constant effort, But Jon Dadi you dont score enough
Edwards- Runs more than any other Wolves player and scores a few from midefield. Cant tackle , Cant pass
Batth- made more headers than any other centre half last season. Couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo when it comes to passing to a team mate.
Stearman- three great tackles in a match- followed by a misskick that lets them into score.

I prefer players who are consistent at the job they are paid to do rather than do something extrodinary occassionally - its just me I suppose

Doyle was brilliant for us for two seasons in the Premier League so I'll take issue with you on that one. I let Zubar off from being one of the three worst right backs in the clubs history and gave a couple of reason's for doing so. Its hardly that I've picked him for the greatest side or forgiven him for all of his errors.

Doyle was brilliant for us for two seasons in the Premier League so I'll take issue with you on that one. I let Zubar off from being one of the three worst right backs in the clubs history and gave a couple of reason's for doing so. Its hardly that I've picked him for the greatest side of forgiven him for all of his errors.

Bloody hell mate, if you love Ron so much why don't you marry him?!

I'd give Doyle one good year on his Wolves CV. His goal drought in the first half of 2010/11 (while Fletcher was struggling to get a game) hurt us big time.

thinking about it we really are spoiled for choice in a shit 11 arent we? We have had some real stinkers . Wait til we get to the strikers. I have a list. I am checking it twice. I am going to find out if they are shite , shite or just shite

It's at centre half where I could name a dozen utter chancers. I somehow have to whittle that down to 6. It's going to be a tough ask.

Back