• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Mitrovic not good enough for us?

OK. That's arrogant.

Mooy I get. He may be one paced. Billing is tidy.

Zahore was awesome 2018 and I think with the right coach, could be great back up.

I just don't see us spunking millions on names and we do need greater depth.

Mitrovic doesn't work hard enough for me. We don't boot the ball at a "big man", we need forwards to work hard

No he's not, not at all.

We don't play with an out and out striker who stands around up top waiting for the ball. Raul is 10x the player he is, might not come across on TV but his movement, play, running and effort are magnificent.

No he's not, not at all.

We don't play with an out and out striker who stands around up top waiting for the ball. Raul is 10x the player he is, might not come across on TV but his movement, play, running and effort are magnificent.

Soooooooo who is Raul's back up?

You think Mitrovic would fit our system?

OK. That's ignorant.

I think you under estimate our coaches. Yes, Mitrovic needs tweaking but its not like you're putting lineker up front.

Mitrovic is a good player but wouldn't do as much work as anyone we currently have.

He got pissed off at Newcastle for being asked to close defenders down. He's really good at what he does but I don't see it being compatible with how we play.

Zahore on the other hand, I'm sure there's a beast in there somewhere

I don’t think Zohore is that good - 9 goals last season in a promoted side, one goal this. He’s got decent attributes but just has never looked like he’s going to put it together - and at 25 There’s no guarantee he will.

I think it's fairly safe to say we'll be looking at players of a different ilk than Mitrovic or Zohore. Probably more Raúls out on the continent who are immensely talented but just not in the correct situation to succeed.

Mitrovic is a good player but wouldn't do as much work as anyone we currently have.

He got pissed off at Newcastle for being asked to close defenders down. He's really good at what he does but I don't see it being compatible with how we play.

Zahore on the other hand, I'm sure there's a beast in there somewhere

Fair comment

Mitrovic not good enough for us?

OK. That's arrogant.

Mooy I get. He may be one paced. Billing is tidy.

Zahore was awesome 2018 and I think with the right coach, could be great back up.

I just don't see us spunking millions on names and we do need greater depth.

Those clubs will put massive price tags on the heads of those average players, so I really can't see your argument here.

You do if you think Mitrovic would not improve our squad under our current coaching team. He is Fulham's best player by a street this year.

And Fulham are fucking mince. There are probably 20 strikers or more out there we could realistically get who are better than Mitrovic who will never work in our system. Now please stop telling me what do and don’t know.

Bobby Reid is nowhere near good enough for us.
I disagree. In an attacking Bristol City side he scored 5 more goals than Jota who was our top scorer, and we were the best attacking team in the league.

He'd be a decent upgrade on Cav or Costa for the inside forward position. And he can also play up front or as a No.10 too.

Not sure you can use goals in the Championship as a benchmark. SEB is an example of someone who never really made the step up despite scoring sack fulls lower down.

And Fulham are fucking mince. There are probably 20 strikers or more out there we could realistically get who are better than Mitrovic who will never work in our system. Now please stop telling me what do and don’t know.

Name the 20

Reid as literally had one good season ever. He isn’t anywhere near the level we will be looking at. Would he offer more then Costa at the moment? Of course but it’s a low bar.

Those clubs will put massive price tags on the heads of those average players, so I really can't see your argument here.

I can see that for Mitrovic . Billing less so but still 15 million in today's market. Mooy and Zahore are probably 5 million each. Its alright dreaming that uncle Jorge will land us some decent fish at pollack prices but who are they likely to be ? Of the four I see Boozads concern that Mitrovic doesn't do enough work. Zahore does. Mooy is one paced but moutinho is hardly Usain Bolt! Billing looks great, albeit in a poor side. I know Nuno prefers a small squad but who is Coadys back up?

I know Nuno prefers a small squad but who is Coadys back up?

Saiss, Boly, Dendoncker, Killman. You aren't going to sign someone who does the job Coady does as back up.

Despite what he says I think we are a couple of players short of Nuno's ideal squad size (essentially Hause and Leo from a head count perspective), we are too vulnerable to injuries and suspensions as we are.

Irrespective of whether we make the EL or not I think we'll make a couple of net signings in the Summer, but I'd wager they will replace or provide genuine competition to the current team not back them up. I don't think that plan will change if we get into Europe, we'll just rotate a lot and use the U23's more.

Burnley signed squad fillers for the EL yet they were out barely before the league started and the likes of Gibson and Vydra now can't get a game.

Thing is none of those players are what Fosun or Wolves about - we buy players who are young and going to get better (Vinagre etc) or very good experienced players (Rui etc). We don't buy ok championship players and we don't need them.

Back