• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

That is EXACTLY what it is about.

That, and having the Mendes connections, and potentially Europa League football.

Sorry guys but the point is being completely missed. I am saying that we may well have money but that doesn't necessarily mean the players will come Cancelo isn't here is he and nor is Zinchenko who preferred a Man City bench to us. Even with a great season this year I am still not sure 30 to 50 m talent players will CHOOSE to come here yet.

To clarify, I was calling the attitude arrogant rather than the poster. I am very keen that we show due respect and humility even now Wim got munee !

I do agree that Mitrovic would need to adapt his style to fit our system. Not impossible but unlikely. Given the torrid time he gave us he has stood out. As have others at clubs at the other end.

If we are burning 30 to 40 m then go and get Ake!

Raul is a Benfica player. Jota and Jonny from Atleti and Neves from Porto. So your analogy doesn't stack up.

Mitrovic isn't the quality or type of player we're in the market for anymore.

I would rather burn £40m on someone other than Ake, decent enough that he is.

As I say, Chelsea have a buyback clause, he'll probably go back there (assuming they can sign players).

Raul is a Benfica player. Jota and Jonny from Atleti and Neves from Porto. So your analogy doesn't stack up.

Mitrovic isn't the quality or type of player we're in the market for anymore.

Had you honestly heard or seen any of them before they came here? Do you think that without uncle Jorge they would have come here? Raul may still not come here, but I hope he does.

So, in response to your last line who should we be in for , why and why would they come?

But you are asking a nonsensical question.

We DO have uncle Jorge.

OK

So looking at his top 30 players they are either already here, just moved such as Pepe or at clubs like Milan, Barcelona, Bayern or Juventus.

Now I may be missing something here. You say that young and hungry is" beneath" our ambition, uncle Jorge will come through but I can't see it. Why will they swap that for Wolves? Jota, Neves could see the ambition. If it had gone south they could have gone back. They took a punt on us and it paid dividends. Other more established stars of whom you are implying we should target won't just give us a punt IMHO. Yet.

Win the cup and it changes.

Last season I was pilloried for my stance on not going for players from relegated clubs. This season I am not ambitious enough!

I don't think you're right Cyber. Patricio disproves that.

Johnny and I are in agreement on Adams' potential. Bowen at Hull is another who would suit our system.

I'd still want to put a bid in for Ademola Lookman, since it appears Marco Silva doesn't really care to play him, or give him significant minutes, at least.

Aren’t we been linked with that £130m Portuguese lad again?

Joao Felix, linked again yesterday, along with Man Utd. €105m buyout clause according to what I read. He'd be an amazing signing but don't think it's gonna happen!

I'd still want to put a bid in for Ademola Lookman, since it appears Marco Silva doesn't really care to play him, or give him significant minutes, at least.
Proper talent but wouldn't fit in our 3-5-2.

Not for me. He's a proper wideman, ridiculous how little Silva has used him this season.

Even if the release clause is 105m pounds, nobody is paying that, hes got what a season of senior football and in the nos? He could be the next ronaldo or he could be the next denilson, no way is anyone risking that much money. 60m maybe

I'd imagine £50-60m tops and I reckon Benfica would except that too.

At the risk of sounding massively ignorant I don't think many teams play with what would be classed as traditional wingers anymore

Back