• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Why are people arguing about players that are clearly not good enough for us & where we want to be?! :icon_lol:

Maxi Gómez would be a reasonable start. And tying Raul down to a long term contract, of course (his post match interview yesterday sounded like he wants to stay).

Name the 20

If you think I’m going to name 20 better forwards than Mitrovic you’ll have to think again. There are plenty out there who are better than him for the way we play but I’m not going to draw this argument out any longer as it’s boring, if you think he would suit us and we should target him over anybody else then there’s clearly only one of us who doesn’t know what he’s on about.

If you think I’m going to name 20 better forwards than Mitrovic you’ll have to think again. There are plenty out there who are better than him for the way we play but I’m not going to draw this argument out any longer as it’s boring, if you think he would suit us and we should target him over anybody else then there’s clearly only one of us who doesn’t know what he’s on about.

Priceless! Next time choose your dismissive statement more carefully then .

Frankly , I get quite excited thinking about transfers, squad improvement, the exciting times we may be on the verge of, but if you find it boring that's your call. And people say I am odd. :angel::wolves:

Tielemans looks like he can pick a pass, did one last game too. Maybe someone we missed out on as we must have known him due to Dendoncker and him playing together for club and country.

Edit - Just checked and it's just a loan. No mention of a buy option. One to keep an eye on if we make Europe.

You lot are crazy if you dont think Mitrovic is a good striker. Strong, reasonably fast, good in the air, good finisher, great from range. Proven international, proven in the championship, proven in the premier league, averages something like 0.45 goals per game in those three, always with shit teammates. Hes selfish, doesnt work hard and doesnt fit our team or system but hes def a lethal striker

You lot are crazy if you dont think Mitrovic is a good striker. Strong, reasonably fast, good in the air, good finisher, great from range. Proven international, proven in the championship, proven in the premier league, averages something like 0.45 goals per game in those three, always with shit teammates. Hes selfish, doesnt work hard and doesnt fit our team or system but hes def a lethal striker

Don't think anyone is saying he isn't good at what he does but it just doesn't fit in with our strengths as a team.

Sign Raul, and then worry about everyone ele. his ball to Jota for the second goal yesterday was sublime, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Well, according to Wiki Mitrovic is only 24. Thought he was about 28 looking at him.

Priceless! Next time choose your dismissive statement more carefully then .

It wasn't dismissive, I'm just not typing 20 names because you told me too. Pretty simple really.

And that's the point, nobody's said he isn't any good.

Much as I don't think Mitrovic would work here I do think it was harsh to dismiss Cyber as "ignorant". He's certainly correct in saying that we've seen Nuno work minor miracles with the likes of Bennett and Coady. There is certainly an argument that he COULD do the same with someone as naturally talented as Mitrovic. Don't think he would, in this case, as Mitro is a bit of a hothead, but Cyber isn't pulling the idea totally out of his ass, IMO.

Put this on another thread but its better here.
ou see that is what we thought about Bennett and he's been great. Most of us would have binned off a pre Nuno Coady too. I don't think we will be chucking 30 million plus at many more than Raul and the squad needs a couple of effective back ups. I probably am not explaining my thinking too well! I think that zahore to Raul is better than bonatini to Raul.

We are not bargain basement shoppers I agree but neither are we 75 m striker buyers yet . this year was stand, next year is walk. We have been exceptionally lucky with injury this season. That may change and I want a depth to minimise the impact.

Does any of you think we will be spending more than 30 m on one player in the summer? If so I would love to know who and why.

Pads has replied two more 30 m plus Raul.

I do think it was harsh to dismiss Cyber as "ignorant".

Yet it's fine to call me arrogant for saying he's not good enough for us. There's a surprise.

Maxi Gomez would be over £30m

We bid £40m for Cancelo LAST SUMMER.

Maxi Gomez would be over £30m

We bid £40m for Cancelo LAST SUMMER.

We are looking at putting capacity up near 50k.

Stop thinking small.

It isn't about what we think its about who we attract and why.

Of the current premier teams 15 have a higher transfer record fee than Traores 18 m. OK Raul should break that. But its not just about having deep pockets

That is EXACTLY what it is about.

That, and having the Mendes connections, and potentially Europa League football.

Aren’t we been linked with that £130m Portuguese lad again?

It isn't about what we think its about who we attract and why.

Of the current premier teams 15 have a higher transfer record fee than Traores 18 m. OK Raul should break that. But its not just about having deep pockets

I would say attracting a wonderkid from Porto was pretty good. Along with a full Spanish International we have 3 full Portuguese Internationals, two of which are the current European Champions.

I don't think attracting players is a problem.

I think the list you put up would be OK if we were looking for a mid table finish but we're not. None of the players, including Mitrovic and Reid, get anywhere near a top 6 team and if we're looking to play in that pool then it will be quality rather than quantity we bring in.

We are still in the position where we need to replace and improve players rather than add squad filler. To add to that if we are to add to the squad at a talent level below those we currently have at the club then I'd rather we bought in young players at the level and age range of Jota and Vinagre.

I would suggest Che Adams from Blues would be a good signing. In defence I would go for Christensen from Chelsea as he's 22, bloody good and an immediate replacement for Bennett.

Yet it's fine to call me arrogant for saying he's not good enough for us. There's a surprise.

Suppose I put "arrogant" and "ignorant" in two different brackets of insult, really.

The club need to be arrogant to an extent if we're going to get where they are aiming, for example.

Back