• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

agreed that Telles would be fantastic but doubt we'll be able to compete with the other offers they'll receive

Can we all agree that this what we should be aiming for:
1) Raul on a permanent. Less than 35m buyout though
2) Recognized striker to compete with Jota, fill in for Raul when, tired/injured play cup games etc. Either someone old experienced if we go cheap or young and promising if we go more expensive. Expensive and proven is unlikely considering the competition
3) RWB. Preferably defensively capable young and hungry. Johnny and doc cant play every game, vinagre is our only backup and hes left only
4) An upgrade on Bennett. I love the guy, and hed make a great backup. But compare him to Boly, and hes easily beaten in every department (you can argue he doesnt try risky stupid shit as often, but tbf can many penalties has he given away on stupid tackles?)
5) long term Moutinho replacement. Hes 33 next season. An actual creative attacking midfielder too, not just a box to box. This will be toughest to do, and honestly I just dont see Gibbs White stepping up as much as Id want him to

Im fine with everything else, I think donk will grow into a top box to box in time and I think saiss has proven hes a great backup in a def mid role.

I dont see any future here for Costa. Cav and adama more than enough as backups. Everyone else is ok unless we get a great offer and need the money to buy

Still not going to pay £110m for him though. He hasn't done enough to even get close for a major team to spend that much on him.

I've been having this conversation with other since half way through last season. He was supposed to be off last summer, he was supposed to be off this winter, he's supposed to be off next summer......

He is still not consistent enough to command 9 figure sum from Europe's elite.

If we want to improve the back up on a budget then

Billing
Zahore
Mooy
Mitrovic

Would be among the buys

I always thought Bobby Reid looks a good AM in a decent attacking team. Probably pick him up cheap when Cardiff go down.

Bobby Reid is nowhere near good enough for us.

Billing
Zahore
Mooy
Mitrovic

Would be among the buys

I would say only Billing out of that list would I be interested in and we have three better midfielders than him already.

Bobby Reid is nowhere near good enough for us.

This

Nah, thought he was shit today. One of my lads pointed out even in the warm up all his shots go miles over. Same in the game too.

Zohore looked quality start of last season. Fast mobile, big strong and good shot. Today he looked like a fat competition winner.

We will only collect fodder like that if we make the EL and choose to pad the squad out. Personally I'd rather play the likes of Ennis and BAS in Europe than sign the likes of Reid, Zohore and Mitrovic

Billing
Zahore
Mooy
Mitrovic

Would be among the buys

Mooy is on 0 assists apparently. Anyone have much opinion on him? Don't watch them enough. Thought he was a creative spark

Edit: I realise it's in a very poor team ofc

If we make it into the EL then will need to bulk the squad somewhat, but agree that it would be preferable to use our promising youngsters to do that rather than just buy 'fillers'.

If we go out early in the first attempt that's not really a massive negative. This would still be part of our learning experience & a shedload better than we have had for a very very long time.

Billing could be a decent squad option, not going to offer any real improvement to the first choice 11 but could certainly do a job and offers something a bit different in the middle.

Zohore is just a big lump, forget about it.

Mooy is a good footballer but too at his age you'd want someone who could maybe come and give you a bit quality boost for a couple of years, he isn't good enough to make that difference.

Mitrovic could be a decent fit but he'd need to do a lot more than he usually does. In theory could do a job either alongside Jimenez or as a stand in for him if needed but in reality more likely to be as successful as Afobe was under Nuno as the mentality just doesn't seem to be there.

Mooy is on 0 assists apparently. Anyone have much opinion on him? Don't watch them enough. Thought he was a creative spark

Edit: I realise it's in a very poor team ofc

Hes scored 2 and made one against us for a dogshit team.

Billing
Zahore
Mooy
Mitrovic

Would be among the buys

My point was on a budget. If we want to spunk 200 m its different but I fear our current squad lacks depth. We are only 2 injuries from seriously weakening our first 11 so better back up and depth of squad must be considered

I wouldn't touch a single one of those with a 10 foot barge pole. We are MILES better than those players.

I get where you're coming from Cyber but I sincerely hope our days of cherry picking from relegated teams are over

We got Moutinho for £5m - probably will end up being an exception but we've got the clout and connections to bring in quality without spending £££££ if we need to

I wouldn't touch a single one of those with a 10 foot barge pole. We are MILES better than those players.

Just a few posts I agree with.

Just a few posts I agree with.

Mitrovic not good enough for us?

OK. That's arrogant.

Mooy I get. He may be one paced. Billing is tidy.

Zahore was awesome 2018 and I think with the right coach, could be great back up.

I just don't see us spunking millions on names and we do need greater depth.

Back