• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Maxi Gomez is worth well over 40m. West ham rejected 36m for Marko Arnautovic ffs, a 30 year old forward with contant injury problems whos averaged 6.5 goals a season

Depends, doesn't it. Celta could get relegated.

Not seen any of Gomez this season but he looked quality last season and he's scored a few this year too. He's not fat or unfit either he's just stocky and Uruguay reckon he could take over from Suarez and Cavani. Pretty sure he's got a release clause just above £40 million but as DW says Celta could get relegated as they concede goals for fun and that could bring the price down. This and the Felix rumour are just the start i think, it could be a very interesting summer.

Im pretty sure he will get Champions league teams interest if they get relegated and he goes fairly cheap, doesnt seem realistic to me he'll end up here unfortunately
Hes def not fat, just got that (young) maradona stout build, hes fairly tall and strong too

I would be tumescent if we spent the summer getting Raul on a permanent and then Maxi Gomez. That is a forward line for the fucking ages at our level.

Would have to assume we already have some contact within Celta as the Jonny sell to Atletico and loan to Wolves all happened on the same day I believe. I’d imagine we weren’t only talking to Atletico throughout that process.

Young, talented, not a huge huge name, affordable, position of need.
Gómez makes sense to me.

He also sounds similar to Jiminez in play style from what I’ve just read of him. Would match what we’re looking for.

Not sure about Champions League teams being in for him. I certainly couldn’t see any of the big six going for him yet, at least not as a probable starter like he would be for Wolves. Whoever gets the fourth slot in La Liga could probably afford to throw a lot of money in for him if they wanted him. Same with Bundesliga assuming Leipzig get third.

There are quite a few in the Bundesliga I would be looking at.

I noticed Sevilla have an agreement to sign Dabbur from Salzburg too - he was a player I would have liked too. They have some very good players.

One player I could see us going in for is Héctor Herrera. Porto & Mexico captain out of contract at the end of the season. Hasn't ruled out signing another deal with Porto and linked with clubs like Inter but he was Nuno's captain at Porto, would know Raúl, Neves, Jota et al and would suit our style of play.

Haller or Gomez would be good for us (as well as Raul obvs). A front 3 of Jota - Hller/ Gomez - Raul is something to drool over.

Herrera is a Kante type I think. Would work well with Neves and Donk could show off his passing if played with him. Allows us to go to 3-4-3 again too.
Herrera is box-to-box, works hard and very good on the ball.

Telles and R.Pereira :D

Anyone mentioned Talisca now Chinese clubs have some playing restrictions?:nod:

I'd love Telles here but we've got no chance. Kenny Lala for RWB would be something we could do though I reckon.

I'd like the club to have a look at Kenny Tete for RWB

Back