• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I don't subscribe to the £110m, but he's easily worth £50m - he's a young proven international midfielder with a lot of quality. There aren't many of those around

Yep. Plus we are in no rush to sell and I think there will be several top clubs monitoring him.

Yep. Plus we are in no rush to sell and I think there will be several top clubs monitoring him.

I still think Man City are the obvious fit, perhaps he needs one more season to improve his defensive capabilities, but his touch and vision would fit perfectly for them.

Really hope it doesn't happen though :icon_sad:

I still think Man City are the obvious fit, perhaps he needs one more season to improve his defensive capabilities, but his touch and vision would fit perfectly for them.

Really hope it doesn't happen though :icon_sad:

I still don't see the fit at Man City personally, I don't think he could do the job that Fernandinho does as the single holding midfielder and he doesn't get about the pitch in high areas like their other midfield options either, his strong suit is his long passing and again that's not something City place a lot of emphasis on for the most part so I don't think he'd really shine there.

Liverpool might make better use of his passing as they're generally a bit more direct to make use of the pace of their front three on the counter but again I'd have some doubts about how he gets about the pitch at times to really fit in with a team that does as much running as Liverpool.

Tottenham would perhaps suit him best, still generally play with two deeper players in midfield and with Dembele gone and Wanyama mostly broken there's a big gap to fill, he'd be a big upgrade on any of Dier, Winks or Sissoko but I can't see Spurs ever paying the sort of money it would require to get him.

If we sell Neves it will be for at least 50m to be fair.

I look at the other midfielders who went for $50m over the summer and don't see Neves matching their valuations, as-is. I certainly think he will command that price at some point, just not in the upcoming window. I mean hell probably even next Summer, or even winter, if his development continues as it should.

I'm certainly a lot less willing to argue the $50m point though, it's definitely a reasonable figure. $110m though (which was kinda the point I was making).... just... no.

The transfer system must be difficult for Americans to get their heads around as the trade systems in American sports are very different.

Gettin' real tired of this "well the silly American is confused" crap

Gettin' real tired of this "well the silly American is confused" crap

By the way you've just typed all of your replies then it looks like you haven't a clue how the transfer system works and how players are valued.

I guess this makes you fair game the next time you and Alan make buffoonish comments.

Yep, Cyber-man suggests a ridiculous sale which literally everyone disagrees with, then you feel the need to point out something to one specific poster who also disasgrees, because they're American. Apparently I have a history of these though, given your reply. News to me.

You could just, ya know... disagree. I would 100% rather you just say I am wrong and present a counterpoint, but don't talk down to me.

Side note, Alan and I are not the same person. I know this is hard to believe. I don't know him, we don't live remotely near the same place, we do not share a brain. I don't have a problem with him but there is literally no reason to bring him into it.

I dunno, tech, has anyone ever seen us in the same room? You could be my Tyler Durden!

I think Jonny did it because you're both silly Americans.

giphy.gif

I dunno, tech, has anyone ever seen us in the same room? You could be my Tyler Durden!

Well, *I* know I exist as my own entity. You know what I've never even seen though? England. Sure, I've *heard* about it, but I mean really who's ever even been there?? I think it's a conspiracy. Do Wolves even exist? The scarves hanging in my cubicle could have been made by the government. The games, CGI. They're trying to make me crazy. I... I don't know why, but they put a tracker in my molar. They try to control you... you can't trust ANYONE.... there is poison in the water!!!

AHHHHHH

Yep.

Maybe I just don't get these particular two Americans sense of humour and 'bantz' on the matchday thread. I really enjoy the cursing of Costa every time I read it.

Back to the topic, I believe it is Wolves who have said he's not going anywhere for less than £100m (which is what Pep Gaurdiola referenced and I think Cyber is alluding to). It's not that he's worth that but if anybody wants him that's whats they will have to pay according to Wolves.

So to say this:

Absolutely crazy. Complete fantasy. Honestly I don't even see a sale happening at half that price, let alone some 110m delusion.

Is a very good definition of not knowing what is going on.

The transfer system must be difficult for Americans to get their heads around as the trade systems in American sports are very different.

Yeah capitalism must be real tough for Americans to figure out...

Yep.

Maybe I just don't get these particular two Americans sense of humour and 'bantz' on the matchday thread. I really enjoy the cursing of Costa every time I read it.

Back to the topic, I believe it is Wolves who have said he's not going anywhere for less than £100m (which is what Pep Gaurdiola referenced and I think Cyber is alluding to). It's not that he's worth that but if anybody wants him that's whats they will have to pay according to Wolves.

So to say this:

No different to our link to Joao Felix at Benfica (touted as the next Ronaldo) - has, supposedly, a £120m release clause.

Certainly not worth that yet, nor would we pay that much. They are just figures to deter too much interest

Yep.

So to say this:

You're the one completely misunderstanding what is being said, and yet you're on here calling me clueless?

No shit that's what Wolves said. No shit that's what Pep was referencing. No shit re: what a minimum sale price means.

I am saying that sale price won't happen as things stand with Neves' ability. No one is paying 100m in summer '19. You might as well be saying, "Wolves will not sell Neves for anything less than 3 rainbows and a unicorn, t3ch you idiot American what aren't you understanding IF SOMEONE GETS A UNICORN WE SELL". It's absolutely meaningless. I am not suggesting those numbers or situations don't exist, nor do I not understand what is 'happening' in regards to these news stories.

Get a fucking grip.

Certainly not worth that yet, nor would we pay that much. They are just figures to deter too much interest

I mean, yeah... exactly. Obviously.

Yep, Alan and I the only one ever giving Costa stick. Maybe if he wasn't so shit this season people would complain less. And actually, last matchday I was complimentary of him when others were giving him crap, but I assume this didn't fit your "stupid/wrong americans and their hate of costa" narrative.

You have now snidely brought this point up several times and it's fucking old mate. The "bantz" (aka, saying what is happening?) I have in the matchday thread isn't much different from anyone else's. I rarely have a hot take (other than thinking Cav isn't shit), so singling me out is nonsensical and you seem to have an axe to grind.

Next time you are all about to go off on whatever the page 3 of this thread is, can you just have a thought about those of us that just dip in and out. And want to read some news mixed with speculative transfer targets and gossip. Thanks.

Agreed, please stop discussing things on the forum.

No different to our link to Joao Felix at Benfica (touted as the next Ronaldo) - has, supposedly, a £120m release clause.

And if somebody paid that clause he'd have to go. Neymar had a clause and PSG matched it, we'd have to do the same to Neves and that's Wolves price. What you think he's worth is utterly irrelevant.

The histrionic American is getting bent all out of shape because I called out his 'Absolutely crazy. Complete fantasy. Honestly I don't even see a sale happening at half that price, let alone some 110m delusion.' as total bollocks. And so we have the drama of him talking about unicorns, delusion and getting a grip.

To say Neves's not even worth half that is silly given the prices players move for and his CV to date. Look at Pulisic as an example of a recent move for a young player.

Yep, Alan and I the only one ever giving Costa stick. Maybe if he wasn't so shit this season people would complain less. And actually, last matchday I was complimentary of him when others were giving him crap, but I assume this didn't fit your "stupid/wrong americans and their hate of costa" narrative.

You have now snidely brought this point up several times and it's fucking old mate. The "bantz" (aka, saying what is happening?) I have in the matchday thread isn't much different from anyone else's. I rarely have a hot take (other than thinking Cav isn't shit), so singling me out is nonsensical and you seem to have an axe to grind.

I'm not singling you out at all, you're just having a bit of a hissy fit. There's plenty of bellendery on the matchday thread, borderline unreadable.

Costa does really piss me off tbf. So I do understand to an extent why that gets some people annoyed, similar to how I get annoyed when people have a serious go at Adama.

I do agree with you, though, 110m for Neves is a bit of a fantasy at the moment. 60m I can just about see. But IMO he hasn't been at the level so far this year that would be required to get a "cannot be refused" sort of offer for him. I would guess that a lot of clubs would look at this season as good but not great, then his last season at a "top level" (at Porto before he moved to us) as a concern, since he barely played that year. But then there's still always the possibility that a club like PSG would come in and offer an illogical sum of money for him because that's just what they do.

Incidentally, I think he'd do very well at PSG.

Back