• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Wouldn't be opposed to that. Don't think he's up for our current level, not anymore. But would rather he got a placement in a lower tiered premier club.
Agreed, my gut says it's a good fit.

We would learn fuck all that we don't know already. Helder can tear up the Championship. If there is no spot for him here at the moment (which is not a given) then a loan needs to go to top flight football, potentially abroad. Decent French, Dutch, possibly low end La Liga side. Maybe Serie A.

Arsing around in the Championship would be pretty fucking pointless. We know he can do that.

Don't think it would be a loan for him to prove anything. He's done here.

We would learn fuck all that we don't know already. Helder can tear up the Championship. If there is no spot for him here at the moment (which is not a given) then a loan needs to go to top flight football, potentially abroad. Decent French, Dutch, possibly low end La Liga side. Maybe Serie A.

Arsing around in the Championship would be pretty fucking pointless. We know he can do that.

He didn't last season though.

For his own sake he needs to be playing regularly - if he can do that at Leeds until Christmas and magically becomes the Costa of old great

I do think the ruthless thing to do though is to sell. A failed loan spell will only decrease his value further

I dunno. Not just yet. But if he goes abroad at a top flight level and lights it up, our upside is miles better than if he gets that bag of shite from Elland Road doing well.

Agreed, get him out on loan to prove he can still do something (there’s absolutely no guarantee he would tear up the championship, given he didn’t when he was playing for the best championship team in decades), and get a decent loan fee in.

Good all round.

He didn't last season though.

For his own sake he needs to be playing regularly - if he can do that at Leeds until Christmas and magically becomes the Costa of old great

I do think the ruthless thing to do though is to sell. A failed loan spell will only decrease his value further

For me there are three options. Good top flight loan at a more suited league. Mid table Serie A would be my thoughts, but I could see a move to Monaco as another possible if their squad has gaps again. Typical Jorge move.

Second option is we hold on. And he has a good pre-season, and we get to welcome back some part of the pre-injury Helder. For me, this is the least likely

Third option is the sale. And I would imagine we would try and find him a good Portuguese home.

For me there are three options. Good top flight loan at a more suited league. Mid table Serie A would be my thoughts, but I could see a move to Monaco as another possible if their squad has gaps again. Typical Jorge move.

Second option is we hold on. And he has a good pre-season, and we get to welcome back some part of the pre-injury Helder. For me, this is the least likely

Third option is the sale. And I would imagine we would try and find him a good Portuguese home.

I would agree with that if the offers are there, right now it just seems to be Leeds but there's a while to go yet

I think we will look at it over the summer. We owe it to Helder as well to get him something decent. I am hopeful we can.

No foreign club who would want him can afford him. The only way we get any decent money for him is if someone stupid like Leeds or Forest pay a big wedge.

If the club think a loan to buy will increase his value then that’s why they’ll do. Or worst case bin his wages and get a couple of million loan fee.

If they think his value is only going down then they might cash In at a reduced rate.

I doubt he’s totally finished so think the club will be fine with a loan.

I wouldn't loan Costa, especially to Leeds. Flog him for £7m and be done. I don't see any positive for us in a loan, he's not going to play for us regularly again, he's not been injured and although there's a chance he'll do well and we may get more, there's a larger chance he doesn't and we'll end up doing the Wolves loan into perpetuate

He never seems to have recovered from his injury. At least he scored at Wembley though.

I wouldn't loan Costa, especially to Leeds. Flog him for £7m and be done. I don't see any positive for us in a loan, he's not going to play for us regularly again, he's not been injured and although there's a chance he'll do well and we may get more, there's a larger chance he doesn't and we'll end up doing the Wolves loan into perpetuate

Agreed.

Loans are a crock of shit on the whole, Leeds just want a proven Championship player on the cheap. They aren't going to be paying a hefty loan fee. If they want him, they pay for him.

We'll be asking more than £7m for him too. He's proven class in the Championship, and we bought him for £13m. We'll probably be asking £15m for starters.

Yes we could ask for £15m, but we wouldn't get it and Leeds' FFP situation would mean they probably couldn't pay it. £7m is just a number I plucked from the air but invariably your first loss is your best loss

If Helder is settled in England and wants first team football there aren't many options for him. We're not going to sell him cheap and won't want to sell him to a rival so a loan to the Championship is the only way forward really.

A former Fenerbache defender Luciano says Bonatini would be a good bit of business for them (Talking wolves -> Fotospor)

:happy:

Back