• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Yeah he'll just be a ghost in terms of squad numbers for the next couple of years then end up as a home grown player the season after he's turned 21.
Should be the same with Vinagre as well hopefully, can't remember how old he was when we first signed him.

Should be the same with Vinagre as well hopefully, can't remember how old he was when we first signed him.

He'll have been at Wolves for 3 seasons by the time he starts a season at 21 but not sure if it'll be enough as he started off as a loan I think? So not sure if they'd only count the time elapsed after his permanent transfer.

He'll have been at Wolves for 3 seasons by the time he starts a season at 21 but not sure if it'll be enough as he started off as a loan I think? So not sure if they'd only count the time elapsed after his permanent transfer.
Not sure on that one either. Been years since I played Football manager, my homegrown wonderkid knowledge is a little rusty. :icon_lol:

Said it before, but would be delighted with Camacho.

Fits our profile perfectly as well.

If we could get him to fit our system in a way he's comfortable with, Camacho would be a great prospect for us.

That is an if, though.

He's said he doesn't want to play right back. RWB in our formation isn't really the same.

That's true but may or may not be how the player sees it. When he made that comment there were noises that he wanted to play in an attacking midfield role so the fact that its RWB not RB might not make too much difference in this case. I haven't seen anywhere near enough of Camacho to know what positions he can play in or even if he's good enough for us. I can only remember seeing him play in the cup game at Molineux where he was pretty good.

Playing WB for us is playing in an attacking role. Apart from Raul they get further forward than almost everyone else on the pitch.

One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan and he doesn't seem to think Camacho would be happy with a RWB role, even though it's more advanced. But it's difficult to know exactly what the player might be thinking. Maybe he genuinely sees himself as competition for Jota.

One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan and he doesn't seem to think Camacho would be happy with a RWB role, even though it's more advanced. But it's difficult to know exactly what the player might be thinking. Maybe he genuinely sees himself as competition for Jota.

Yeah, RWB might be attacking in our system but you still have to do a fair bit of defending and his quote was that he very much sees himself as a goal scoring attacking midfield player. I guess we will see though.

He'll be backup striker if he comes. And will be used at RWB in a pinch. Which is fine as long as we buy another first choice striker as well.

Does your mate get to many Liverpool reserve games?

He's played one first team game and has mouthed off to the press about where he wants to play. You've then got reports of Liverpool wanting £10m for him when he cost them nothing from Man City (released).

I think I'll pass and I've never seen him play either.

Daily Mirror saying Leeds want Costa on loan for next season

If they want him they can pay for him. We're not in a desperate rush to get Helder off the wage bill and we learn nothing from him going to the Championship, we know he's good there.

He's played one first team game and has mouthed off to the press about where he wants to play. You've then got reports of Liverpool wanting £10m for him when he cost them nothing from Man City (released).

Agree.

Did you not watch our cup game against them last season then? You must be the only person on here that missed it - very unlucky...

As for my pal, he's seen about 5/6 full reserve matches that Camacho has played in, pre-season games and various clips/extended highlight videos from LFCTV. He is part of the Anfield Index podcast so generally knows his stuff. Still, I'm not claiming his opinion is the holy grail or anything - but he's definitely seen more of Camacho than anyone on this board, so worth sharing.

Did you not watch our cup game against them last season then? You must be the only person on here that missed it - very unlucky...

As for my pal, he's seen about 5/6 full reserve matches that Camacho has played in, pre-season games and various clips/extended highlight videos from LFCTV. He is part of the Anfield Index podcast so generally knows his stuff. Still, I'm not claiming his opinion is the holy grail or anything - but he's definitely seen more of Camacho than anyone on this board, so worth sharing.

You would be happy to sign a player based on one game in a position he doesn't want to play and your mates opinion for £10m?

You would be happy to sign a player based on one game in a position he doesn't want to play and your mates opinion for £10m?

I would be happy to sign a player based on what I have heard and what I have seen, yes.

And I trust our scouts.

If we could only get excited about players we'd watched play for 90 minutes multiple times, then none of us should have been *that* excited about Neves, or Jota. Fuck me this place is a tedious dick hole sometimes.

Back