• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

The thing with Skov is he's a winger. Obviously if he signs they must have seen something to suggest he can play through the middle but it's a big step up from the league he's playing in to also have to learn a new position as well.

Scored a shed load of goals, would indicate he's not necessarily just a winger.

The thing with Skov is he's a winger. Obviously if he signs they must have seen something to suggest he can play through the middle but it's a big step up from the league he's playing in to also have to learn a new position as well.

From the highlights video on Youtube it looks like he can operate anywhere behind the striker too. I would find it odd if we bought another winger in as we're just given up on them.

Got to presume he's got the versatility and intelligence that Jota has? Would also allow us to switch the 3 up top should the game demand it.

Transfermarkt at least says all 26 his league appearances last season were as a right winger.

Left footed right winger, loves to cut inside and shoot. Not hard to see him doing a similar role to Diogo, just from the other side.

Danish superliga quality is between league two and conference. All the good danes play in the eredivisie. Zero chance were in for skov

Danish superliga quality is between league two and conference. All the good danes play in the eredivisie. Zero chance were in for skov
Hot take alert

Maxi gomez has gone to valencia for under 13m pounds, thats not a fucking typo... 13m.
Thats gotta be worth the fucking risk on a 22 year old skillful 6'3 Uruguayan national come the fuck on... we cant compete with valencia?? Whats going on

Edit- apparently santi mina was also included in the deal. Still pissed

They've had to give them Santi Mina as well, so it's not £13m.

I wouldn't want Gomez, his conditioning is awful.

Hes 22. Hes going to improve, his potential is ridiculous. Hes as good if not better than cavani at his age, taller and bigger with a better shot

I don't like linking to Talksport, however important context (for the time being) is that we have actually spent more this window than all but 6 teams according to this. And with Leicester, Utd, City and Spurs that is mainly due to huge outlays on a single player. Which I think shows that regardless of fans views, its still early in the market.

https://talksport.com/football/5720...-club-spent-summer-transfer-window-2019-2020/

He’s a fat fuck

He really isn't. He's just an odd shape to be a footballer. He's a big old unit who's mobile and a good finisher. I think Valencia have a bargain there.

We were never going to get him though as Celta clearly wanted a striker replacement and cash and I'm not sure Niall Ennis would be on the same level as Santi Mina.

https://youtu.be/h6kXi6dSZoE

Tifo have suggested that Arsenal sign Robert Skov in their Sensible Transfers series. Yet you can guarantee that if we do sign him you'd have fans moaning about him straight away.

Spiers says Ruddy is there.

He also tweeted this from Nuno

"In my view (the summer international tournaments) delay everything, after that prices go high because we are close to the other European markets. It’s hard, especially for us because we want quality over quantity. I hope we realise that and just go strong in the market."

Unusually outspoken for Nuno?

Back