• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Strange comment from Nuno putting it out in Public. My opinion yes its early but if we do not sign 2-3 quality players we could be in for a tough Second season. With Injuries in a couple of Key places we could well be dragged in to a relegation scrap.

Let's say we lost Jiminez, Coady, Moutinhio we could really struggle.

This is not pant wetting neither is it predicting relegation.

If anyone lost 3 of their most important players through the spine of their team long term they would struggle, you can't really mitigate against that because if you have players who can step in for them without noticeable drop off - they want to be starting regularly not sat on the bench, this is precisely the reason Nuno likes as smaller squad. We will be fine with 2-3 additions as long as they are top quality signings.

The fact that Nuno has said what he has pretty much shows we haven’t got anything already in place with signings, the people in charge are obviously confident they can get it all done last minute but it’s risky, id personally rather pay more to get things done early but it’s not my money!

If anyone lost 3 of their most important players through the spine of their team long term they would struggle, you can't really mitigate against that because if you have players who can step in for them without noticeable drop off - they want to be starting regularly not sat on the bench, this is precisely the reason Nuno likes as smaller squad. We will be fine with 2-3 additions as long as they are top quality signings.

Agreed most teams would struggle, however not every team has only 12 first team players. We know Nuno likes a small Squad and its worked well for him.

The comment from Nuno suggests nothing is in the pipeline, and he is concerned.
I would not have been concerned if we had kept all the players but to let Cav and Costa go with no replacement lined up takes us to another level.

And I think thats the plan.

Agreed most teams would struggle, however not every team has only 12 first team players. We know Nuno likes a small Squad and its worked well for him.

The comment from Nuno suggests nothing is in the pipeline, and he is concerned.
I would not have been concerned if we had kept all the players but to let Cav and Costa go with no replacement lined up takes us to another level.

How many minutes did those two play after Christmas? Hardly any.

And there will be replacements coming. Jesus.

How many minutes did those two play after Christmas.

I don't think that's relevant given our different campaign in the coming season. Nobody is claiming Costa or Cav were or were going to be in our first 11, but letting them go when it now appears we don't have their replacements in the bag seems an unnecessary risk to me. A loan for Cav could have been sorted a lot later in the window, Championship clubs would be queuing up to take him

Have patience. I have said there is no way we let them go without something concrete coming in myself.

Not very good on crosses I'd heard

giphy.gif

And quickly,three days average I believe

Hes nailed on to get on the end of a cross.

Tends to get a bit preachy with team mates though

Is this him?

GettyImages-528469934.jpg

Hang on a minute, double strap nerd. Veto.

Back