• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Or retain your credibility and use X Factor as a generic cover-all!

Big Brother voice over voice

'It's Page 90 of the summer transfer thread, the forum has descended into talking about early 00s music shows, due to the self imposed new signings strike'

So the best of the U23's we are supposedly using to supplement our squad for Europe are going on loan

So the best of the U23's we are supposedly using to supplement our squad for Europe are going on loan

Yeah, even I am starting to get slightly twitchy now :icon_lol:

Either we have several good attacking players on the verge of signing or we have seriously fucked up. I am inclined to go with the former as we wouldn't get rid of Costa, Cav and now Ennis if a couple of players weren't about to sign...would we?

Depends how much they felt Ennis would genuinely feature, I suppose.

The interview I read with Shi a few weeks back where he said something like "you can go out and sign lots of players for the extra games but then get knocked out and before you know it, you have a large squad and it's difficult to find games for them all" keeps sticking in my mind.

I do genuinely think we'll only sign 2-3 players, but I reckon the quality of them all will take us all by surprise. Either that or we're going to aim too high and end up going in to the season with 12-13 genuine first team players.

I refuse to believe we'd have let Costa and Cavaleiro go without someone in the pipeline. I appreciate Costa didn't feature much anyway, but Cavaleiro was a go-to substitute for a while. Something will happen: I do think it will only be two players at most, though.

Yeah I suspect its that we're aiming too high tbh. Well, it's a difficult time for us as players that will genuinely improve us will probably believe that they're above us, and that they'd probably be just as attractive to champions league teams. I do think we need another 5-6 players that are all capable of being trusted for 15-20 starts next season. There's every chance we'll have c55 games next season, the current outfield squad is far too thin

Carlos Vinicius being linked.

Yeah, that's right Jinky, I can search #wwfc on Twitter too :icon_wink:

No chance of us signing 5-6, nor do I think we need that many. We need another CB (Saiss can play there, worst case) and absolutely need a new ST to take the weight off Jimenez. That said, I do entirely agree with the mantra that there is no point us signing anyone unless they're an improvement on what we have. I'm glad we're no longer in the McCarthy/Solbakken/Saunders era of signing squad cannon fodder: we've only just gotten rid of the last of it.

Carlos Vinicius being linked.

Yeah, that's right Jinky, I can search #wwfc on Twitter too :icon_wink:
That's literally all I do, tbf :icon_lol:

We've been linked to Vinicius before. I don't know a huge amount about him, but he looks like the right kind of profile for someone who wouldn't mind coming in provisionally as back-up to Raul & Jota, but with the potential to do well when called on.

Depends how much they felt Ennis would genuinely feature, I suppose.

The interview I read with Shi a few weeks back where he said something like "you can go out and sign lots of players for the extra games but then get knocked out and before you know it, you have a large squad and it's difficult to find games for them all" keeps sticking in my mind.

I do genuinely think we'll only sign 2-3 players, but I reckon the quality of them all will take us all by surprise. Either that or we're going to aim too high and end up going in to the season with 12-13 genuine first team players.
If that's the case I think we are going to burn players out. Just picking a game at random last year- Matchday 4, Arsenal made 9 changes from their league game the prior weekend, Chelsea made 8.

He is convinced he is coming to us. Similar tweets to the mate of Patricio last year.

He nailed Ødegaard to Sociedad a week before tbf. Don’t know if that was widely rumored though.

Yeah, he's been convinced Skov is joining us for a few weeks now and does *appear* to be genuine but who knows with Twitter.

I'd be delighted with Skov, though. He looks like a bit of a talent.

Back