• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Fervently hope it's not. Doesn't score, doesn't create, doesn't defend, won't be cheap. Exactly the kind of player we should be avoiding.

It's a lazy link because he's Portuguese and Inter want to sell him. He'll go to Monaco or China.

"It going to be tough because we have a very short squad, we brought a lot of boys, under-18s to help us"

Nuno himself acknowledges that we have a very small squad at the moment - so I think he'd hardly be pleased if we sign no one at all this window as some seem to think will happen

No to joao mario, hes not bad but hes not good either. Decent technique and short pass but doesnt get goals or assists, pretty poor defensively, poor in the air, small & slight... basically is of zero value without the ball

I'm hoping our recruitment team doesn't think João Mario is the answer to anything.

I'm hoping our recruitment team doesn't think João Mario is the answer to anything.
Except for on Jeopardy.

'Which Portuguese International footballer doesn't score, doesn't create, doesn't defend?'

Looks like Joelinton is off to Newcastle - or have we had that one?

If he's available for like £10M then I'd say go for it.

Anything more than that and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Even if hes 10m (which I highly doubt, they paid something like 40m 2 years ago) he would be on pretty massive wages, 100-120k a week or so

If he's available for like £10M then I'd say go for it.

Anything more than that and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
That about Mario or Joelinton?

"It going to be tough because we have a very short squad, we brought a lot of boys, under-18s to help us"

Nuno himself acknowledges that we have a very small squad at the moment - so I think he'd hardly be pleased if we sign no one at all this window as some seem to think will happen

Where is that from YW? Is that in relation to the tour, or the season?

Wouldn’t take Joao Mario if he was on a free and we didn’t pay his wage. Not good enough imo, he doesn’t actually do anything to get in to our team. If it does happen i obviously hope he does well for us but i’ve never seen anything there.

João Mario feels very similar to Joe Allen, very tidy but not much else

Jack Hendry signing on Wednesday according to Jack Hendry’s private message.

Back