• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

It's not a change from anything Fosun have done though. They value the player based on what they bring to the team or potential future value to the club.

It's a big reason why we use the loan system. No way on earth would we have paid £32m for Raul last summer.

It's not a change from anything Fosun have done though. They value the player based on what they bring to the team or potential future value to the club.

It's a big reason why we use the loan system. No way on earth would we have paid £32m for Raul last summer.

That's my point. We haven't been shafted so far and players are worth what they are worth. Frankfurt don't want to lose Haller in the same way Atleti didn't want to lose Greizmann so we're not taking a chance there.

The same with Maxi Gomez. If the player is good enough and available you buy them. We're not in the championship anymore we're at the top table which means we have attributes players want. Moreso than West Ham or Everton or Leicester. Better manager, Europe, good squad ethos and defined play style.

Players who want to join a successful club will want to join Wolves.

Using Moxeyisms of 'we don't want to be ripped off' is just an excuse as to why we didn't sign a player. You can't play excuses at LWB or CF.

We should be putting a marker down instead of feeding platitudes to shit house local reporters. We're better than what we are showing currently.

Which is fine when you are signing players clubs don’t want or are willing to let go. Unfortunately we need to be signing from the next level where clubs aren’t going to let their best players go without getting paid for it.

The only other option is to sign reserves from the very top clubs, but Arsenal, Utd etc. are also in that market.

Well Jeff did say in his last interview on recruitment we will be targeting a different level.

Maybe that explains the delay. Going to head to head with bigger clubs makes any deal harder. We dipped our toe last season with Cancello but Juventus won that easy. Looking like this year Ajax will beat us to a player as well if the Dutch press are to be believed.

Some of the player transfers at the top seem to take forever. Juve bid for de Ligt around a month ago and that still isnt finalised.

I agree with the club if we are interested in Joelinton that €40m + is too much though.

Everyone wants stupid money at the moment though because the market is overinflated. Utd want 180m for Pogba and 90m for Lukaku. Leeds want 30m for Phillips. West Ham want 10m for Obiang. The prices will come down towards the end of the window as they realise everyone is sitting tight and wont pay that amount

So if we are aiming high and failing to land, why are we letting the players who they are going to replace leave first? Either we have deals we are very confident of getting over the line or the process is being grossly mismanaged. I'm choosing to believe the former as the latter would be beyond incompetence

So if we are aiming high and failing to land, why are we letting the players who they are going to replace leave first? Either we have deals we are very confident of getting over the line or the process is being grossly mismanaged. I'm choosing to believe the former as the latter would be gross incompetence

I hope it's the former.

I'm choosing to believe the former as the latter would be gross incompetence

I'm with you in this one. I will amazed if we haven't got 2-3 deals virtually done. If we are sat with the low numbers and have nothing close then a few people will be close to having their P45 handed to them.
Would also hope that Uncle Jorge is working hard for us.

If KT is still with us after the window closes it will be further confirmation that ruthless Jeff has 100% faith in him.

At the risk of being called a nob, I can see us planning a reveal or two in China to drum up awareness.

If we haven’t got stuff lined up and we’ve already let people go we now run the risk of getting our pants pulled down as we fall into the desperate category.

This surely can’t be the case and we’ve got deals close!?

There's no way the club are going to leave themselves shafted. They have proved two seasons in a row that they know exactly what they're doing, just have a bit of faith! The gnashing of teeth is starting to seep from Twitter and Fuckbase onto here at the moment. If we still have signed nobody by August 8th then have at it.

With Costa gone & Cav on his way (not sure he's actually gone anywhere yet) then either there are incomings or the Management have decided to become incompetant, which they haven't in the first 3 years yet.

Might be proved wrong in early August, but am not going to fuss about it till then.

Pursuing a signing, just any signing, in order to silence online moaning would be such a stupid idea anyway. We will have our targets, and they will be done when they are done.

Saying that, there is no way on earth we would let two of the first team squad go unless we damn well knew the replacements were cast iron certainties. It would be suicidal.

That’s the thing though, they weren’t first team anymore, they were squad players. We don’t even play a formation they fit in now either.

But still clearly in the squad

So bring in 2 definite first eleven improvements and those they replace take Cav and Costa's place on the bench, and hey fucking presto, the squad as a whole is stronger again. But there is a VERY vocal element of our support that can't understand this and are wailing and screaming like Verucca fucking Salt when daddy didn't get her favourite present.

Not pant-wetting yet and would definitely like a signing to ease the boredom, but we should keep in mind that it was similar last year. We had all the loan players coming in permanently but the only new players that had joined the squad by this stage were Patricio and Raul who were both announced mid-June. It was more than a month later that we announced Moutinho 24 July and then Jonny the day after, and Dendoncker and Traore were both in August. We were never going to bring in 6 players like last year, probably more like half that, and there is still plenty of time to do so.

Back