• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Thought Cav was our most clinical finisher first half of last season, thought we'd keep him with the extra games even with a forward coming in, must mean we have 2 forwards in the can surely?

Ennis and ?

Not sure why people are drawing correlations with a shirt launch and signing players.

Jesus Christ THIS.

Silly people seem to be suddenly thinking every kit launch is a proxy for a new signing based on literally fuck all. The idea we're going to keep a signing quiet and fly him out to China on the sly, to open the megastore wearing a new top is ludicrous.

I honestly query how some folks manage to get dressed in the morning and go to work.

I think that will happen. As we speak two signings are loaded into a kit bag, to be carried like in whatever Oceans 11/12/13 film it is where they do that to escape.

Jesus Christ THIS.

Silly people seem to be suddenly thinking every kit launch is a proxy for a new signing based on literally fuck all. The idea we're going to keep a signing quiet and fly him out to China on the sly, to open the megastore wearing a new top is ludicrous.

I honestly query how some folks manage to get dressed in the morning and go to work.

That's a bit offensive.

We did it with Neves. I still manage to get dressed fine you pompous arse.

Correspondent for one of main papers in Holland reporting Alvarez has agreed terms with Ajax and will be announced in the next couple of days

The Mexican version of Timmy can do one with his fake news.

I'm turning the internet off when they announce that deal...

Jesus Christ THIS.

If it happens, then this will go down as one of THE great forum posts...LJ will be happy to have the spotlight off him.

If it happens, then this will go down as one of THE great forum posts...LJ will be happy to have the spotlight off him.

Although, to be fair, I'm not sure how the hell I manage to get dressed in the morning and go to work some days...

Available. Yes
Get value. Yes
Good enough for a top half PL squad. Yes
Better than his only competitor in MGW. Yes
Provide that more attacking option. Yes

We’re going to really struggle to massively improve the first 11 on our rumoured budget. We are going to have to sign players like this to build the squad. At least for this window.

Yeah, it's not getting any better. Neves was rumoured for weeks, theres no shock reveal going on.

We really haven't got much going on, 2-4 1st teamers timmy rekons.

Neves was a week. Story came from nowhere late on a Friday and the deal was officially announced 8 days later. Would have been sooner but the Ikeme news broke and we delayed his reveal.

Available. Yes
Get value. Yes

We’re going to really struggle to massively improve the first 11 on our rumoured budget. We are going to have to sign players like this to build the squad. At least for this window.

What rumoured budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Available. Yes
Get value. Yes

What is the rumoured budget? I've heard nothing and doubt we would reveal it

What rumoured budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the rumoured budget? I've heard nothing and doubt we would reveal it

Not budget as such. More “don’t want to pay over the odds for people”. Unfortunately in the current market it appears you have to.

So we either need to pay the going rate or take some gambles.

Mario is a good footballer but for the life of me I can't figure what he's actually supposed to add to a team.

Pants Dry
We’re competing with teams like Arsenal, Ajax and Man Utd for players. We won’t get all of our targets. But we attracted Neves, Jota, Moutinho and Patricio so there’s no need to panic.
Pants Wet!
Somethig has gone wrong! Everyone is rejecting us! No wonder, Wolverhampton is a dump. Supposing we don’t strengthen? Supposing we finish 9th. No Europe next year. Neves goes to Liverpool, Jota goes to Arsenal. Rui and Joao decide that a big payday from China would be nice. Nuno asks to speak to Inter…
Change my mind about six times a day…

Not budget as such. More “don’t want to pay over the odds for people”. Unfortunately in the current market it appears you have to.

So we either need to pay the going rate or take some gambles.

This is the sort of shit Moxey used to say.

If Seb Haller is €40m then pay the asking price. Top quality players cost money. We're in the best league in the world and the second best cup competition in Europe. Players will want to come but they don't want to be treated as mugs at this level.

We should bin the Moxeyisms and be the club we have been for the last two seasons. If recruitment staff or finance staff aren't up to that they should be binned. Failure with this opportunity should not be tolerated.

No excuses.

Back