• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Class. Which ones you?
Third from the right, in the blue/red Wolves cap (which someone here gave me a heads up about, although rudely I have forgotten who).

EDIT: Seems like it was probably Tredders. ;)

This guy's an absolute moron, how does it add pressure on your team when you're already winning? No such thing as a free hit away to a relegation rival, I've never forgotten Karl Henry costing us away to Wigan...

There's a part of me which hopes he stays as his interviews are brilliant entertainment, but you just can't have a manager like that at this level. Saints are having their own Saunders moment.

This guy's an absolute moron, how does it add pressure on your team when you're already winning? No such thing as a free hit away to a relegation rival, I've never forgotten Karl Henry costing us away to Wigan...

There's a part of me which hopes he stays as his interviews are brilliant entertainment, but you just can't have a manager like that at this level. Saints are having their own Saunders moment.
Don't forget the Robbie Keane game against Villa.

Don't forget the Robbie Keane game against Villa.
Home game so technically different, but that one was completely ridiculous. Moronic moment which probably cost us the win and at that point you could just tell we were doomed. Looked good in the game as well and I remember Frimpong looking ace.

There's a valid point about a red card making it more difficult to play against a team if they purely sit back in a low block and settle for the point - but Southampton were winning. And we didn't settle for a point, we beat them. Has that ever happened to us in recent years? I can't recall bottling a lead to 10 men.

That match had me absolutely swooning for Frimpong. Did a backward rainbow flick that came off and at that point I was sold, Frimmy was keeping us up.

Probably for the best that he didn't, long term.

That match had me absolutely swooning for Frimpong. Did a backward rainbow flick that came off and at that point I was sold, Frimmy was keeping us up.

Probably for the best that he didn't, long term.
I was only 13 at the time and wanted him on the back of my shirt after those whopping five games he played, glad I didn't do that. Considering his other loan moves he clearly wasn't going to make it, not to mention the attitude.

Just noticed that our first goal is down as an own goal.

I'm not having that. It was a shot on target that the defender has ricocheted in off his own legs. At no point does the ball go back out the other direction again. Traore goal, Costa assist!

Was Lemina a straight red or a 2nd yellow?

Back