• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

Termination of a Contract is automatic if either party go bust - thats Contract Law

Not sure how TUPEE works and employment law, but like I said I always believed it to be negotiated and for the benefit of the employees

That is my understanding as well. A company I worked for last year went under and the contracts I was working on were taken over by another company, personnel terms were all re-negotiated.

Suppose depends on players contracts, there will be some differences to traditional employment terms. I think some are considered as companies rather then traditional employee.
Either way it smacks of arrogance for the chairman to come out saying through the press that all players have to come to his new company.

Think this arrogant attitude from Rangers that we are too big to fail/punished is whats rubbing up the rest of Scottish Football at the moment. Basically if they are voted back in they (and Celtic if they wished) can break rules as much as they like as they are too big to be penalised by the SFA/SPL.

It's a difficult issue for the other in the SPL and Scottish football, by rights they should bin Rangers Newco off to the lower leagues according to their own rules, but at the same time they are fearful of losing the Rangers related income. It's a depressing state of affairs and has implications for the rest of British football. It could be the straw that breaks the camel back and brings clubs into line or it could (and cynically speaking I tend towards this view) reinforce the view that an excuse will be found for any club of a certain size.

It is blatantly unfair on other clubs and is massively awkward if another smaller SPL club was to struggle but I think they will look at self-interest and keep them in the SPL

I may be wrong but my understanding of Tupee is to allow the service and employment terms of employees to transfer to the Newco. The buyer doesn't have to take all employees on - he could for instance state that he wants only 30 of the 40 employees for the Newco and the others would be made redundant as part of the Administration process. The employees could walk out during the administration process (like a couple of Rangers players did) but could not claim redundancy as it would be there choice.

That sounds right Sniffer - if you were to effectively reform the same company(as any Newco would be), I believe that you would have an obligation to take the Staff on under TUPEE, but the commitment is only one way and can easily be broken by the employee's at their own loss

They need to be punished. Anyone remember what happened to Gretna a few years ago. A clubs reputation should not stop the punishment being the same. Relegate them to division 3 and make them start again.

Scottish Football will die if Rangers are not in the SPL.
For a start Sky have already said they will pulll out with no old firm matches.
Celtic only sell out for European games and he old firm.
Every other club needs 4 home games against the Old firm, it's the only way they will make money.

most Scottish clubs when Playing the old firm will give up 2 or 3 stands to the Old firm fans.

no Ramgers = No SPL.
No Celtic = no SPL

So there is no downside if Rangers cease to exist in any form?

Termination of a Contract is automatic if either party go bust - thats Contract Law

Not sure how TUPEE works and employment law, but like I said I always believed it to be negotiated and for the benefit of the employees

This is usually true.

So what you do here is you create Newco, transfer everything to Newco, including TUPE of the employees, and THEN liquidate the bust company? The contract has transferred before the breach component has taken place

Aberdeen say they will vote against newco being admitted to the SPL, along with Dundee United and Hearts.

Just need two more clubs to vote against and Rangers are dropping down the leagues. Motherwell will go with whatever their fans want, Kilmarnock sound like they are voting in favour.

Could be very close. Thankfully the nonsense about re-branding Bury to get into the English pyramid has turned out to be shite.

There shouldn't be a vote. They are a newco so they should apply for entry to the 3rd Division.

I think they will just lose the vote and rightly be made to start again in the proper fashion.

Hibs are going to vote against. Looks like St Mirren are going to as well. Celtic will go with whatever their fans want, so who knows there - some would miss the delights of the Old Firm games, others would want Rangers obliterated.

Unbelievably a twelfth club gets to vote. RANGERS OLDCO (ie Duff and Phelps). How fucking ridiculous is that?

What are the rules surrounding cross border ownership issues? Can you own one club in one country and one in another?

For example could Celtic take over Carlisle, change their name to Carlisle Celtic and then transfer players to them. They could then march through the divisions quicker than starting off at the bottom. They could also retain their Scottish Premier League place. If they were to get near the Premier League they could then ask to play home matches in Glasgow instead.

Could be very close. Thankfully the nonsense about re-branding Bury to get into the English pyramid has turned out to be $#@!e.

Where do the journo's get such claptrap ideas from?

If Celtic are going with wahtever the fans want they will vote against, if they vote inaccordance with whats good for the business they will vote them in.

Need 8 out of 12, so if all 5 you listed Paddy against then thats them down. No love for Rangers historically from Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen and Dundee Utd chairman seems to be shouting loudest about it so always going to be a tight call for them to get the 8.

Saw fixtures came out this week and had Club 12 listed in space where Rangers would be.

Not looking good for Rangers. If they are not allowed in the SPL, then they will probably start in division one, or will clubs have to vote again?

Not looking good for Rangers. If they are not allowed in the SPL, then they will probably start in division one, or will clubs have to vote again?

They would first have to apply to the Scottish League for inclusion for the vacant space (due to either Dunfermline or Dundee taking the SPL place). Once accepeted upto League to decide what division they go in but based on previous precedant for Livingstone, Airdrie it would be division 3.

They would first have to apply to the Scottish League for inclusion for the vacant space (due to either Dunfermline or Dundee taking the SPL place). Once accepeted upto League to decide what division they go in but based on previous precedant for Livingstone, Airdrie it would be division 3.

Thank you. Surely one major issue would be safety. With their travelling support, Rangers will fill the third division grounds with own fans. So all away games would be all ticket. It is hard to see how some 3rd division clubs could accommodate a visit from Rangers.

It is hard to see how some 3rd division clubs could accommodate a visit from Rangers.

I'm sure their bank manager will ensure the clubs do.

Teams like Elgin, Annan etc will thinks it Christmas come early if Rangers and their fans come down to their level.

Indeed. They might finally be able to afford Rufus Brevett.

I'm sure their bank manager will ensure the clubs do.

Teams like Elgin, Annan etc will thinks it Christmas come early if Rangers and their fans come down to their level.

There will be a lot of extra costs regarding police and stewarding, though I agree that it could well be a financial windfall for 3rd division clubs. It will be interesting to see the ticket prices when Rangers are in town....

Back