• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 5-3 Wolves:Verdict Thread

Tbf I’m still in the ‘there will be 3 worse teams than us’ mindset - which is an extremely sad endorsement in itself
There are not. We are the worst team in the division.

I’m so use to losing now that I’m actually numb to it and entered a point of acceptance.
GON and the players have allowed defeat to become a normal thing and to a degree acceptable. Defeat is woven into the clubs fabric as is just accepting being shit not even mediocre levels.

Just need to work out who is responsible for this and we can move forward
There are not. We are the worst team in the division.
We are bottom for a reason, naturally. But when you play so called worse teams, they shouldn’t create as many chances, we should create as many, if not more etc etc.

Aware it’s not as binary as that, but I’d still bet on us staying up over the 3 who came up, for example.

I think that’s getting away from the issue, anyway. Whether I am correct or not, it’s still no where near good enough or acceptable.

Come on, @MARKakaJIM, even you should be able to see the wheels have fallen completely off.

We are bottom for a reason, naturally. But when you play so called worse teams, they shouldn’t create as many chances, we should create as many, if not more etc etc.

Aware it’s not as binary as that, but I’d still bet on us staying up over the 3 who came up, for example.

I think that’s getting away from the issue, anyway. Whether I am correct or not, it’s still no where near good enough or acceptable.

Says a man who like to give his money away.

There is zero chance that there are three teams that will finish below us unless something changes. And those changes are manager and coaches.

We are serial losers. A defeat waiting to happen.

Says a man who like to give his money away.

There is zero chance that there are three teams that will finish below us unless something changes. And those changes are manager and coaches.

We are serial losers. A defeat waiting to happen.
Ironically work in finance, so don’t like giving money away 🤣

Just an opinion, stand by it. Still want manager changing however.

I genuinely don't see a team that I would confidently say we should beat. Any team is going to score against us, and you can't say we always look like scoring 2 plus goals. As far as I see things, we are comfortably the worst team in the division.

The worst performance of the season by a stretch today. Shockingly bad at the back.
Andre was poor, Lemina was worse. Forbs was good for half an hour. Cunha and SL were ok.
When you see Hwang and Bellegarde coming on to try and rescue something, you know you're on a hiding to nothing.
Totally disorganised 5-3 flattered us.

The worst performance of the season by a stretch today. Shockingly bad at the back.
Andre was poor, Lemina was worse. Forbs was good for half an hour. Cunha and SL were ok.
When you see Hwang and Bellegarde coming on to try and rescue something, you know you're on a hiding to nothing.
Totally disorganised 5-3 flattered us.
Rodrigo must be appalling in training to not get on

I reckon it's a 60/40 shout right now on us going down. I simply don't see Ipswich or Southampton winning many games and then you might luck out and get someone else who is rubbish to go along with that. And you stay up on around 35 points. You probably need to replace the manager to do that because he's forgotten how to win, and we're going to go too deep into the season without picking up anything otherwise.

But they want £750 (minimum) off us to watch that, and tell the press that they're looking at winning trophies and we know best, no we always planned to have four centre halves and lose one of them for the season in September.

We'll then go and sell at least one, probably more of our better players whatever happens in summer 2025.

And they wonder why plenty of people aren't happy.

About Larsen

It's normal that Larsen isn't scoring much in the first part of the season because his teammates need time to understand his style of play.

Many people think Larsen is good in the air duels, but that’s not entirely true. He doesn’t have a great jump, although he has scored some goals with his head because he is fast and able to get into good positions to score.

Larsen is great at playing with his back to goal, holding up the ball, and waiting for a teammate to make a run so he can pass it to them. After that, he’s very fast when running without the ball. However, I haven’t seen many of the Wolves' players try to take advantage of this with Larsen.

He needs goalkeepers who can deliver good long passes so he can receive the ball comfortably and hold it up. He has the physical strength to do this, which is a big advantage when dealing with long balls.

Larsen likes to run without the ball and wait for through passes, but at Wolves, they don’t have a good player to deliver those kinds of passes. I’ve seen Cunha try the same movement and have the same problem. Both players need someone in midfield with the ability to provide accurate through balls.

Larsen, when he holds onto the ball, is slow because of his height, and that becomes a problem if he doesn’t have teammates supporting him to allow him to make passes.

Larsen should always be given through balls, like in today’s second goal. He has great speed to get into position and finish at goal. We need to trust him and take advantage of this key strength. If they don’t send him balls into the box, it’s very difficult for him to score.

Larsen is also excellent at pressing high up the pitch. His speed enables him to force goalkeepers and defenders into making mistakes with their passes, so he needs to play in a team that effectively presses the ball out. For this reason, it’s preferable for his team to employ a high press, as it would greatly facilitate ball recovery.

Considering the defensive problems of Wolves, I believe it would be more beneficial for the team to press the ball high up in the opponent's defense to facilitate recovery instead of sitting back

I think you all have figured out Larsen's strengths and weaknesses during all the matches he has played with Wolves.

He doesn't have any more secrets; he will likely score around 10-15 goals, but he is young and has a lot of potential to improve.

Sorry, forget this:

You might be surprised, but Larsen has played for the Norway national team as a winger/advanced attacking on the left and at Celta as a right winger.

Because, as I mentioned, he is very fast without the ball, and that speed can also be utilized on the wings.

He hasn't just played as a center forward.

About Larsen

Many people think Larsen is good in the air duels, but that’s not entirely true. He doesn’t have a great jump, although he has scored some goals with his head because he is fast and able to get into good positions to score…

…..After that, he’s very fast when running without the ball. However, I haven’t seen many of the Wolves' players try to take advantage of this with Larsen.

He really isn’t fast. Not in the slightest. He is the opposite of fast.

He really isn’t fast. Not in the slightest. He is the opposite of fast.

With the ball at his feet, he is slow, but that’s not what I mean.

He is very fast when running without the ball, thanks to his stride, but he needs precise through passes. If he doesn’t receive them, he tends to keep slowing down to avoid being caught offside.

Larsen improved significantly when Mingueza was transformed from a full-back to an attacking midfielder, as Mingueza delivered very accurate passes and took advantage of Larsen's strengths.

That’s why Mingueza is now an international with Spain; he has a very precise passing ability.

With the ball at his feet, he is slow, but that’s not what I mean.

He is very fast when running without the ball, thanks to his stride, but he needs precise through passes. If he doesn’t receive them, he tends to keep slowing down to avoid being caught offside.

Larsen improved significantly when Mingueza was transformed from a full-back to an attacking midfielder, as Mingueza delivered very accurate passes and took advantage of Larsen's strengths.

That’s why Mingueza is now an international with Spain; he has a very precise passing ability.

He isn’t. He is slow. See the goal he set up last week, he was clearly outpaced by the Liverpool defender who isn’t rapid. There’s nothing wrong with not having pace if he has other attributes.

Back