• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 5-3 Wolves:Verdict Thread

He won't be sacked tonight.

Best we get is Monday after a day of them sorting out his departure.
I also don't think they will bin him, despite what is going on.

(Hoping my prediction skillz are still shit)
Sorting out paying off his sparkling new 4 year contract…

For the macabre:

We're on pace to concede 304 shots on target and 159 goals.

There have been some American Football coaches who have been fired in the tunnel leading to their locker room after a game. Gary should consider himself lucky he doesn't coach over here.

He won't be sacked tonight.

Best we get is Monday after a day of them sorting out his departure.
I also don't think they will bin him, despite what is going on.

(Hoping my prediction skillz are still shit)
I was on the late December/January prediction if results are bad but way things are going I'm revising to at least a month (which is 2 more games).

Probably one of the few still with some defence of GON left. To me he's a symptom on the issue, not the problem and sacking him is only going to let the same bad people who've made terrible decisions, also appoint his successor. Lets face it, that person is going to be more like Beale/Lage/GON 2.0 than Lop. So I'm not banging the he must be sacked Drum.

I was on the late December/January prediction if results are bad but way things are going I'm revising to at least a month (which is 2 more games).

Probably one of the few still with some defence of GON left. To me he's a symptom on the issue, not the problem and sacking him is only going to let the same bad people who've made terrible decisions, also appoint his successor. Lets face it, that person is going to be more like Beale/Lage/GON 2.0 than Lop. So I'm not banging the he must be sacked Drum.
Yeah fair enough. Let’s stick with him. It’s going great 🤣🤣🤣🤣

There have been some American Football coaches who have been fired in the tunnel leading to their locker room after a game. Gary should consider himself lucky he doesn't coach over here.
Oh, American football coaches getting sacked mid-season feels a very recent phenomenon. Coinciding with the rise of the Prem's popularity here actually.

"Very recent" here meaning the last 10-15 years-ish.

Lack of faith in the leadership to bring in the correct replacement is not the reason to keep a failing manager. He's taking us down, you have to gamble that someone else might not.

What I found noticeable today (and I only saw the second half - cheers technology), was the players were starting to show some real frustration/anger - almost a bit of petulance. RAN was thoroughly pissed off at the end, throwing his arms about and kicking his feet about. Joao Gomes was throwing his arms around. Maybe most important, Lemina, the captain - couldn’t look Gaz in the eye when they have each other an embrace at the end.

He’s lost the dressing room. When that happens, you don’t get it back.

Back