• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 5-3 Wolves:Verdict Thread

Despite the results this season I didn't expect this game to go that badly. So open, the forwards give up by the end because the defense is so shite. GON's days surely numbered now.

Well I hate my employers and my job but out of self respect I go out and do it to an above average standard (and no fucker is paying me 100k a week).
True, though I think that’s complicated in sport by the direct competition against peers.

Decent effort will get crushed by good effort when all else is equal, IMV, and we’re not close to equal tactically or mentally.

1 win in 19 right? I’m struggling for a worse run in my lifetime. Saunders didn’t win his first ten. What was micks run before he was sacked?

Now more than a win off safety.

Some of this isn't one GON, particularly the make up of the defence. He doesn't want to play any of the centre halves he's been lumbered with. The way it's constructed this side would concede a higher than average number of goals whoever is the manager.

The bottom line is we need one who can overcome the ineptitude above him. I'm not sure one exists within our price range who would take it, but I'm damn sure it's not Gary O' Neil. I still think he'll he the manager for the City game though.

We have now conceded 56 goals in 24 league games since the start of February.

True, though I think that’s complicated in sport by the direct competition against peers.
Although if I didn't, I'd get the sack not the person managing me.

Footballers are obviously mostly immune to that eventuality unfortunately.

Although if I didn't, I'd get the sack not the person managing me.

Footballers are obviously mostly immune to that eventuality unfortunately.
Other way around for me; what’s unfortunate is how management on our side gets spared.

Annoying the RAN goal puts less of a humiliation look to it.
There’s nowhere to hide now today was supposed to be a “winnable” fixture. All those absolute clowns who think good efforts v Liverpool translates to points v Lesser teams, here you go.
This is the product of months of disorganisation, poor tactical ability and players heads scrambled and confidence shot to pieces.
Anybody can see this is a failed project and needs to be abandoned, it’s ok to recognise a mistake and change it.

Brentford are shit.

We exposed their soft centre with both of our goals and were utterly impotent to do build on that.

They've scored 5 and should've had at least three more.

Johnstone is shit, but equally kept it half respectable.

I said before O'Neil has backed himself into a corner with Lemina. Made him captain and hasn't got the bottle to drop him despite him costing us multiple goals today and throughout the season. Lemina needs it as much as the team. Newsflash Gaz, leadership isn't all cute nicknames and and having a kickabout with your mates you might have to make a tough call or two.

This is terminal decline, we haven't got a winter World Cup to reset.

1 win in 19 right? I’m struggling for a worse run in my lifetime. Saunders didn’t win his first ten. What was micks run before he was sacked?
We beat QPR a week before he was binned

If there is anyone who is in the ‘yeah well we’ve had a really hard start with fixtures’ we had 9 points from these game last season

Back