• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 5-3 Wolves:Verdict Thread

Lemina should be rested. Both mentally and physically. He hasn`t got his form back since the bereavement and it`s been even worse since he was given the captaincy. Give the captaincy to Dawson, and let him keep it when Lemina comes back into the side. Won`t happen though.

He's definitely not trying too hard.

He did on the Norgaard goal. After the shit pass he committed to pressing someone he had no need to and just took himself out the game completely, wouldn't have been that gaping hole for Norgaard to exploit if he'd just held position.

Incidentally I'm not sure I've seen us win or lose 5-3 before. Definitely seen us both win 5-2 (Fulham in 88/89) and lose 5-2 (Spurs in 03/04) but that may well be a new scoreline.

To say that Mario isn’t putting in full effort feels exceptionally harsh to me. He looks like he’s been run ragged and, as most of the team, he looks like a player trying to fit a ten pound cat into a five pound bag.

Don’t think the captaincy has much relevance; he’ll be feeling the weight of our terrible run of form.

To say that Mario isn’t putting in full effort feels exceptionally harsh to me. He looks like he’s been run ragged and, as most of the team, he looks like a player trying to fit a ten pound cat into a five pound bag.

Don’t think the captaincy has much relevance; he’ll be feeling the weight of our terrible run of form.

Several occasions yesterday where he doesn't get up or back into position. The kind of half arsed efforts that Doherty would get slammed for on here.

It might be born out of frustration at his/the teams performance and he might huff and puff and flail his arms around afterwards rather than just trudge back into position with his chin on his chest like Doherty does but it's just as inexcusable.

he might huff and puff and flail his arms around afterwards rather than just trudge back into position with his chin on his chest like Doherty does but it's just as inexcusable.
Yeah, he can put the "pashun" crap away. I didn't buy it when Jamie O'Hara punched the floor after sending yet another a pass sailing into the Steve Bull Lower or when Richard Stearman kicked a post after we conceded and it was his fault for stroking his hair and being a fucking airhead.

Several occasions yesterday where he doesn't get up or back into position. The kind of half arsed efforts that Doherty would get slammed for on here.

It might be born out of frustration at his/the teams performance and he might huff and puff and flail his arms around afterwards rather than just trudge back into position with his chin on his chest like Doherty does but it's just as inexcusable.
We’re clearly starting from very different places if you’re making this comparison so best to agree to disagree.

Yeah, he can put the "pashun" crap away. I didn't buy it when Jamie O'Hara punched the floor after sending yet another a pass sailing into the Steve Bull Lower or when Richard Stearman kicked a post after we conceded and it was his fault for stroking his hair and being a fucking airhead.

There's no point crying about it after putting in the kind of 'effort' that he does for the 1st & 5th goals and for the 1v1 that Johnstone saves in the second half.

The captaincy has turned mario into a headless chicken. He is so desperate to be everywhere, he's nowhere.
This is fucking up the midfield 3, or 2-1,or 1-2, or whatever it is meant to be.
As for johnstone, i'm sorry but he is not a prem keeper, england caps or not.
He is far too passive, stays on his line, never shouts at defenders, and has a suicidal tendency when trying to pass out in the centre of goal.
He is emotionless, and i think this is affecting the back four.
Bring sa back now mistakes or not.
And by the way, don't bring channy on, ever.

That's on the manager to sort his captain out.

Lemina is like a better class Karl Henry and, like Henry, should play to his qualities and not expose his weaknesses. He gets caught out of position because his positional awareness is poor. He makes bad decisions because he isn’t tactically aware of what’s unfolding around him.

Andre, a much better footballer, is playing where Lemina should be playing therefore Lemina should not be playing. Gomes is much better at what Lemina is trying to do and they are both trying to do the same thing. I don’t necessarily think Doyle is the answer but given what’s unfolded without him, he must wonder what he needs to do (or how bad it needs to be) before he starts.

I know it's just interview guff, but getting a bit sick of Lemina and GON banging on about 'we need to work harder', like that's the solution.

Work as hard as you want, but if what you're working on is inherently flawed and ineffective, giving it every fibre of your being won't change that!

You don’t need to “work harder”, Mario.

Just stop making massive fuck ups that cost us football matches.

That’ll do.

Back