• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

They wouldn't necessarily be barred if they got through a CVA which is what TBK were proposing. But still ludicrous seeing how they didn't even qualify for the Europa League this season.

Kennedy's talking shit as usual, the administrators' only duties are to the creditors and to ensure that the firm is trading solvently.

Green more or less ran Sheff Utd into the ground while he was there. Out of the frying pan...

Green more or less ran Sheff Utd into the ground while he was there. Out of the frying pan...

Be concerned Rangers fans, be very concerned. Possibly the worst outcome possible for their Club. Mr Green is blamed by many Blades fans for selling key players, forcing a popular manager out, and leading the Club into financial meltdown.

Having the bid accepted doesn't mean much in the great scheme of things, he's just where Bill Miller was a week ago. Still got the myriad problems with HMRC to sort out and if a CVA gets blocked then it's back to whether a Newco is allowed back into the SPL or not.

So now it is a question of whether the SPL clubs vote to keep them in the SPL and retain the revenue that Rangers bring to the league or force the newco (as it should do) to start in lower leagues. Tricky moral dilemma, but my guess is that there is so much self-interest at stake, Rangers NewCo will be allowed to stay in the SPL.

good riddance to trash. If a new club is formed they should start from division 3.

Rangers will reform under a new name, one that incorporates their world famous name. They will then be voted into the SPL, and it will be business as usual, with Celtic and Rangers 2012 ruling the roost.

Rangers will reform under a new name, one that incorporates their world famous name. They will then be voted into the SPL, and it will be business as usual, with Celtic and Rangers 2012 ruling the roost.

Dont think they will be ruling the roost for a few years, although they will eventually. There is a transfer embargo on them at the moment.
I think also that there is a possibility that players contracts are terminated when a company goes into liquidation meaning the players can walk away for nothing. So they will have to rebuild from scratch.
It is also not a given that they will be allowed straight back into the SPL, there is a contingent of clubs and especially other club fans who want to see them punished.

They need to be punished. Anyone remember what happened to Gretna a few years ago. A clubs reputation should not stop the punishment being the same. Relegate them to division 3 and make them start again.

Dont think they will be ruling the roost for a few years, although they will eventually. There is a transfer embargo on them at the moment.
I think also that there is a possibility that players contracts are terminated when a company goes into liquidation meaning the players can walk away for nothing. So they will have to rebuild from scratch.
It is also not a given that they will be allowed straight back into the SPL, there is a contingent of clubs and especially other club fans who want to see them punished.

True that Rangers 2012 will lose some players, but with new investment they will be able to sign new players as the embargo will be lifted.

I would be amazed if Rangers 2012 were not voted into the SPL. It would be like turkeys voting for xmas if the other SPL clubs turn them away. SPL clubs make very little money, and the only time they get a big pay day is when they play the old firm. They will accept them, in my opinion.

True that Rangers 2012 will lose some players, but with new investment they will be able to sign new players as the embargo will be lifted.

I would be amazed if Rangers 2012 were not voted into the SPL. It would be like turkeys voting for xmas if the other SPL clubs turn them away. SPL clubs make very little money, and the only time they get a big pay day is when they play the old firm. They will accept them, in my opinion.

But think about the 5 teams that will be fighting for 2nd and the champions league qualifing spot money

Dundee Utd Chairman has already come out and says they won't get the 7 out of 11 votes they need.
Rangers may get the votes but they will come at a price with some sort of restrictions on tv rights etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18417120

Charles Green seems to think that TUPE rules will force players to move to the NEWCO, despite protection of employment regs forcing a new offer to be made to players, but they have the right to decline.

Again, I would imagine any arguments would depend on what division they end up in.

Not sure thats right - the company I worked for was tupee'd last year and it was a choice between that and redudancy - pretty sure it couldn't have been forced on me to go.

I always thought TUPEE was a protection of your employment rights and recognised your entitlement from years of service being transferred over to new owners, and that it was something that was negotiated, I didn't know that a new company could force you to carry on your contract with them.

My understanding of contract law would suggest that as soon as one party became insolvent your contract is null and void

I always thought TUPEE was a protection of your employment rights and recognised your entitlement from years of service being transferred over to new owners, and that it was something that was negotiated, I didn't know that a new company could force you to carry on your contract with them.

My understanding of contract law would suggest that as soon as one party became insolvent your contract is null and void

That is my understanding as well. A company I worked for last year went under and the contracts I was working on were taken over by another company, personnel terms were all re-negotiated.

Suppose depends on players contracts, there will be some differences to traditional employment terms. I think some are considered as companies rather then traditional employee.
Either way it smacks of arrogance for the chairman to come out saying through the press that all players have to come to his new company.

Think this arrogant attitude from Rangers that we are too big to fail/punished is whats rubbing up the rest of Scottish Football at the moment. Basically if they are voted back in they (and Celtic if they wished) can break rules as much as they like as they are too big to be penalised by the SFA/SPL.

Back