• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

They have that interest this year as Rangers aren't allowed into Europe next season. I'm sure Motherwell will do very well in the Champions League qualifying.

They have that interest this year as Rangers aren't allowed into Europe next season. I'm sure Motherwell will do very well in the Champions League qualifying.

The question is will the sell there 1st home game out for years.. Is it the 3rd qualifying round for motherwell?

Should Rangers have to play in the lower levels of Scottish football, how will this affect Celtic? A two horse race will become a one horse race. It can only spell bad news for Scottish football.

Celtic would be bust inside3 years, and scottish football would be done inside 5.

Celtic only sell out at home twice a year V Rangers

Sky only pay the money they do for 4 old firm games

Other clubs only make money from matches involving the old firm
Scottish football ithout 50% of teh old firm is dead.

As for there debts, they are less than most Eglish clubs, but there is no meney in Scottish football, it should also be a warning to clubs everywhere, David Murray bank rolled the club for years, and now they are financially fucked, similar to Pompy, message should be, "beware the shining knight with deep pockets"

Basically preferred bidder status allowed him to do full due dilligence and on doing so he's quickly realised it's not worth his while. FWIW I think it means "I've looked and the current, future and potential liabilities mean I can't do an asset-stripping job".

Duff & Phelps are continuing the proud tradition of being utterly incompetent as football administrators.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2012/05/miller-withdraws-bid-to-buy-rangers.html

"As soon as I was announced as preferred bidder for Rangers, my team began to press ahead with our due diligence," Miller said in a statement. "Until then, information had been limited to what was made available in the internet data room and questions addressed to the administrators and their staff.

"By late Monday night, it became clear to me that preliminary information, discussions and analysis were, unfortunately, more optimistic than reality. Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and will not be moving forward."

Good. Fuck em, they don't deserve it. Have fun not existing next season.

"I've looked and the current, future and potential liabilities mean I can't do an asset-stripping job".

_60100489_miller_protest1_sns.jpg

Google "Bill Miller Club 9 Sports", they're better off without him.

Also apparently he holds a tiny percentage of the company he "owns" as a "tycoon", so who'd actually be financing his proposal is anyone's guess.

Kind of hoped the takeover would be sorted by now I guess.

You can't defer wages indefinitely and in the grand scheme of things who realistically wants to be losing 75% of their contracted pay for more than four months.

I'm struggling to see a way back - the vultures circling are waiting for a liquidation because it makes absolutely no sense to buy Rangers and take on their liabilities in their current state. It's then a case of whether the SPL fudge the issue and let Newco Rangers in with sanctions or they're left to go pop and start again from wherever.

They will be allowed to liquidate and the new "team" will be re-admitted to the league with a few sanctions - minus enough points to make sure they don't cause the embarrassment of qualifying for Europe and not be allowed to compete. The league will buy Ibrox and rent it back at a minimal rate.

As a Newco they'll be automatically banned from UEFA competitions for three years anyway.

As a Newco they'll be automatically banned from UEFA competitions for three years anyway.

Sorry should I should have phrased that better. The league wouldn't want them to finish in a position where they would have qualified if they hadn't been banned. Years two and three wouldn't matter, as everyone would have forgotten about it by then.

Ah sorry, I see what you mean.

Doncaster is nothing more than a Scudamore Lite so I expect him to shuffle it through somehow. How pleased UEFA will be if it's a lightish slap on the wrist is another matter. They threatened to ban Switzerland from all domestic and international UEFA competitions when Sion were dicking about earlier in the season. They ended up being docked about 35 points - although because that league is so mental they STILL might stay up as two other teams have gone bust!

Brian Kennedy bid fails again. Only the mysterious London bid left. Looking really ominous now. Souness revealed as part of the Blue Knights bid.

We know from our own experience that what Mr Kennedy says and what he does are not the same thing. Or ask Stockport fans.

Jim White and co on SSN really seem to want to suck the Kennedy schlong.

Odd.

Apparently the Blue Knights/Kennedy bid was an absolute joke. Less than £3m cash and unbelievably budgeting for Champions League quarter finals in two of the next three years. Jokers who tugged at the heartstrings of fans while trying to nab the club for next to nothing.

In a liquidation sense I'm told Ibrox is effectively worthless and Murray Park around £4m.

errr - budgeting for the quarter-final in a competition they will be barred from? Hmmmm - a touch dodgy to say the least.

Kennedy's interview from Jim White yesterday (which could have been sponsored by pravda) was quite the viewing. The administrators will "have blood on their hands" if they don't accept the bid. Oh do behave.

Back