• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

Motherwell say:

2. Gate Income
Last year our cash income from gate receipts was £1.64m comprising £670k season tickets, £970k fans pay at gate. Of the pay at the gate cash income Rangers represented £300k or 31% while Celtic represented £285k or 29% while the other 9 SPL clubs totalled £300k or 31% of cash income (an average of £26k per game)

So, rock and a hard place for them and all the other clubs. Piss poor really of the SPL/SFA to pass the buck, they run the league, they should be the ones making the decisions and finding the right solutions for everyone. Don't ask decent community clubs to either cut their own throats or ignore their principles.

Five teams now have publicly declared that they will oppose the Rangers Newco entrance into the SPL.

Scottish 3rd Division teams beginning to get excited

The talk is that Rangers will negotiate their own TV deal if they have to drop down to SFL3 as there isn't a collective deal at all at that level. Could be a very lucrative scheme for them as they try to rebuild.

In vaguely Wolves related terms, Kevin Kyle has said he'll play for them if needed, he's currently on a free I believe.

Just when Rangers fans thought it couldn't get any worse...........

His record in the SPL was pretty decent! About one in three.

Rangers could field their mid 90s team and walk Division Three, it's about the same level as Willenhall Town play.

I'm not having that. There is no way a team of men in their 90's could win that division.

David Weir captain. Should boost the average age a bit.

It would be a another kick in the gonads for the teams making the moral decision not to let them back into the SPL, if Rangers do sell their TV rights

At least Queens park can finally open more than 1 stand if Rangers get relegated to the 3rd division

Won't newco Rangers have to apply to join the Scottish third division? Surely that would be a formality.

Won't newco Rangers have to apply to join the Scottish third division? Surely that would be a formality.

You'd think so but this is the SFA. An F.a considered lesser than the luxembourg F.a. So we all know The Rangers will be joining Division 1 at the lease.

They will apply to join the Scottish Football League, what Division they get put in if successful, is a different matter. By rights it should be the 3rd Division.

They will apply to join the Scottish Football League, what Division they get put in if successful, is a different matter. By rights it should be the 3rd Division.

I thought that all new clubs in Scotland were automatically placed in the third division. It would not go down well if Newco Rangers were placed in a higher division.

I thought that all new clubs in Scotland were automatically placed in the third division. It would not go down well if Newco Rangers were placed in a higher division.

It would be so harsh on the teams that have been forced to start down there as well.

If Rangers are forced to start life again in Division 3, then how long will it be before UEFA down grade the Scottish league so that the winner will have to go through the preliminary rounds of the Champions league - there will effectively be a league with no competition for at least 3 years, surely they can't allow an automatic qualifying space to Celtic with a league that weak

The chances are at least one of the other clubs will go bust from the loss of revenue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

Publicly there seems to be a widespread rejection of them re-entering the SPL - I wonder how the voting will go though as it would endanger Scottish football as a whole for them not to be in there, something I'm sure they're all aware off

I really do think they'd loose their automatic CL place if Rangers went out of it...

Did the dodgy guy who took them over and into administration make any money out of it by the way? Was wondering why he did it all.

Back