• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
A brief update from this weekend/last mid-week.

Louie Moulden played in a 2-1 win at home to Aldershot.

On as sub: Campbell came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes of Charlton's 6-1 win at Cray Valley last mid-week,

Unused sub: Tyler Roberts (FA Cup last week).

Not in squad: Pond, Tipton

PTS cramming in 6 months of work in a week......must be a due a holiday

More likely his subscriber numbers / page views are poor and he's been told to sort it out or he'll be going on a long holiday

Good bit of finishing from a CB ay?

Some post-mortem re: Mosquera...

[Cincinnati GM] Chris Albright showed similar resourcefulness in getting Mosquera into an Orange & Blue kit in the first place. The 22-year-old Colombian is a season-long loanee from Wolverhampton Wanderers, a blue-chip prospect searching for minutes, and his marked levels of performance and maturation in North America effectively only enhance the likelihood of Wolves – who are said to be quite impressed by his displays in MLS – bringing him back to England for a closer look this winter.
“Yerson, I would say it's a mixed bag. I'm hard on him because he is, and has the potential to be, a top talent,” said Noonan. “When you talk about with and without the ball, how does he impact the game? You know, there could have been better decision-making with the ball. Without the ball, I thought he was really strong – timing of his tackles, how he defended the box.
“I thought he for the most part controlled emotions in a good way, in those moments. Still have a couple things where, too much interaction with the opposition – you just got to think about playing the game. So it's a mixed bag. But in the end, he comes up with a big play for us and we keep a clean sheet. So he deserves a lot of credit for that, especially being in the middle of our back line in an important game.”

We don't use the lines here which I think is how they've "gotten away" with that.

For me, it should be that the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking side, so I'm pretty okay with the flag staying down.

We don't use the lines here which I think is how they've "gotten away" with that.

For me, it should be that the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking side, so I'm pretty okay with the flag staying down.
Benefit of the doubt? He was comfortably offside though? It wasn't a tight call.

Benefit of the doubt? He was comfortably offside though? It wasn't a tight call.
giphy.gif

I don't really have a dog in the fight, it just didn't bug me that much.

If Philly had marked Yerson properly there's no discussion about it anyway.

Me either to be honest, but the giving the benefit of the doubt thing has always on tight calls for me.

I hear you, to be fair.

As a comparison point, I think it's silly that Villa's goal has just been ruled out. I'd probably rather MLS go too far in the other direction than replicate the millimeter precision of offside VAR calls in the PL.

EDIT: I see from the other thread that my point on Villa will not persuade you! 😂

From the weekend:

Luke Cundle - Plymouth Argyle, Championship
Played 73 minutes of Plymouth's 2-0 win vs Sunderland and got both assists, the second being a fine first-time through ball

Ki-Jana Hoever - Stoke City, Championship

Played 74 minutes of a 3-0 defeat at home to Blackburn.

Louie Moulden - Rochdale, The National League

Played in a2-1 win at Dagenham. Dale sit just out the play-off places now.

Theo Corbeanu - Grasshoppers, Swiss Super League

Played 76 minutes of a 2-0 defeat at Servette

Bendeguz Bolla - Servette, Swiss Super League

Played full game of 2-0 win over GHZ.

Yerson Mosquera - FC Cincinnati, MLS

Scored the winning goal in Cinci's play-off win , as mentioned above. Played the full game.

On as sub: Lembikisa came on with around 20 minutes to go in a 1-1 draw at home to Leeds. Podence came on with a few minutes to go in Olympiaco's win.

Not in squad: Campbell, Pond, Tipton, Griffiths, Roberts, Guedes, Chiquinho.

Last edited:
Lembikisa didn't start because he played for Jamaica a couple of days earlier and it was a Friday night game, back in tonight but they got humped

Last edited:
Boy oh boy the clayheads really don’t like Hoever

This is how a poster on Oatcake has described him

'He has the positional awareness of someone who's ingested a kilogramme of mescaline whilst shopping in Morrisons and is now aimlessly attempting to locate where his car is parked'

Flip flopping nobbers in Stoke - They win a game and they love him, lose and he is Ki-Jana Doherty

Back