• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's a little bit of talk that Cincinnati will make an offer to buy Mosquera outright if we decide he isn't in our first team plans. No mention of how much for, at least not that I've seen.

He's not what we need right now in terms of position, but I wonder if O'Neill could have got Podence performing in this team as he has with Hwang and Cunha.

He was our top scorer last season after all.
Top scorer doing a huge amount of heavy lifting as Hwang has already scored more and Cunha is only one away, and it's not even Christmas.

He probably could have, Podence isn't a rubbish footballer. He didn't want to be here though so it's a moot point.

Well it isn't, it's a fact.
It's not a badge of honour though. He didn't score loads for us last season or even as many as you'd expect a forward to score in any halfway reasonable team if he played a load of games.

I mean one of Jedward might be a better singer than the other, but so what.

PS: Wasn't even our outright top scorer, Neves scored 6 as well.

I'm no Podence fan boy, he's an irritating git but I always thought he was the only player trying to get us going forward for most of last season.

He’s a lovely footballer but he’s just not good enough for the Prem. His decision making gave Adama’s a run for its money.

Also he’s a twit.

Mid-week roundup:

Podence grabbed a brace in his full game for Olympiacos in the Europa League in a 5-2 win. Both goals were cracking finishes, hit with his left then his right from the edge of the box. They finish 3rd and go into the Conference League now. Bolla played 80 minutes on the left wing in Servette's 4-0 defeat at Slavia Prague - they also drop to the Conference.

Luke Cundle played 88 minutes in a 0-0 draw at QPR, while Hoever and Lemibikisa both got full games in a 1-1 draw vs Swansea and a 2-0 defeat at home to A*bion respectively - it was Hoever who got beaten in the air for their goal conceded.

Unused subs: Griffiths, Pond

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217_180539_FotMob.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217_180539_FotMob.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 21
If we don't sign a RB. What option do you pick

A) keep Doc as the back up
B) Recall Hoever
C) Recall Dexter
D) Just refuse to play a RB if Semedo is injured.

Unfortunately a), Stoke fans are bipolar about Hoever and Rotherham fans are united on Lembikisa. We should probably recall him, but for confidence reasons

If we don't sign a RB. What option do you pick

A) keep Doc as the back up
B) Recall Hoever
C) Recall Dexter
D) Just refuse to play a RB if Semedo is injured.
Lemina has genuinely played RB before. Probably a better option than all the above.

Or we could appoint Pulis and play:

---------------Sa----------------

Dawson----S Bueno--Kilman---Toti

Doherty-----Traore---Lemina---J Gomes---Ait-Nouri

-----------------------------------

--------------Mama Sidibe------------

Didn't Dawson play RB for West Ham in the Lage/Neves game?

He's played loads at RB, had probably two seasons there as first choice for Albion.

I do not endorse this option.

Weekend roundup:

Luke Cundle - Plymouth Argyle, Championship

Played 66 minutes of Plymouth's 3-2 win vs Rotherham. He dummied the ball as a ghost assist for the second.

Dexter Lembikisa - Rotherham United, Championship

Played 90 minutes of the same game and played a part in the opener, nudging past a defender to get a pass into the box.

Ki-Jana Hoever - Stoke City, Championship

Played the full game in a 1-1 draw at A*bion. Managed to deflect a Boggies shot onto the bar in the dying moments.

Chem Campbell - Charlton Athletic, League One

Played 83 minutes of a 1-1 draw at Barnsley. Ball bounced off him to set up the Addicks equaliser but not sure he meant it.

Louie Moulden - Rochdale, The National League

Kept a clean sheet in a goalless draw at home to York. Made a point-blank stop in the last minute to save the point.

Theo Corbeanu - Grasshoppers, Swiss Super League

Played an hour of a 1-1 draw with Yverden.

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos, Greek Super League

Played just over an hour of a 1-0 away win. They're just a point off the top now.

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played 67 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Estoril, his former club.

On as sub: Bolla came on with 20 minutes to go in a 2-2 draw with Lugano

Not in squad: Pond, Tipton, Griffiths, Roberts.

Back