• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t think Fabio is on quite the wages some would like to think.

He’s probably on 30-40k. No way were we giving an 18 year old with no senior CV big money. And 3 teams in small leagues don’t pay all his wages if he’s on silly money too

Fuckin' merciless out here 🤣
It's definitely true though.

The fact one of those other teams beat Real Madrid in a European final just over 40 years ago says how much football has changed since the 1990's onwards.

Happy I’ll hopefully never have to see his face with anything connected to Wolves again. A total bottler of a footballer.
Set your alarm clock for pre season training July 2024, I suspect he'll still be pitching up for that.

Last edited:
Good riddance.

Wonder how long it'll take for Rangers to realise what they have even if he does knock a couple in against Motherwell and St Mirren.

Goals against Oostende didn't stop Anderlecht from clocking him. See you in July Fabio.

I don’t think Fabio is on quite the wages some would like to think.

He’s probably on 30-40k. No way were we giving an 18 year old with no senior CV big money. And 3 teams in small leagues don’t pay all his wages if he’s on silly money too
Although I can't validate it all the sites say he's on double that, Rangers aren't paying all his wages. Anderlecht were which is why they sent him back - he wasn't value for money.

We paid £35m for an 18 year old with no senior CV, so I don't see why you'd not believe we'd pay him the money which accompanies that kind of fee, especially with everything else we know around the finances of that deal and how Jeff behaved when in sole control. The accounts we have seen show some players must have been on higher salaries than you'd imagine for the wage bill to be that high

Last edited:
Although I can't validate it all the sites say he's on double that, Rangers aren't paying all his wages. Feyenoord were which is why they sent him back - he wasn't value for money.

We paid £35m for an 18 year old with no senior CV, so I don't see why you'd not believe we'd pay him the money which accompanies that kind of fee, especially with everything else we know around the finances of that deal and how Jeff behaved when in sole control. The accounts we have seen show some players must have been on higher salaries than you'd imagine for the wage bill to be that high

Those sites are just guess work (unless it’s actively out there in the media). Just had another look and Boubacar Traore is on £55k - nonsense.

As for the fee, it’s clear why that was (little of it footballing reasons). But because it’s so out of kilter with reality, the wages being on a similar level for absolutely no reason is even less likely (at least there is dodgy reasons for the transfer fee).

They've had a massive monopoly between them for the Champions League cash forever probably helps.

Plus as Tredman says they get 50k people turn up every other week. Then there's the massive Irish following for Celtic which probably makes them a fortune in merchandising.
And not at all surprisingly, there's quite a lot of Rangers support in certain parts of NI.

As others have said, they have massively larger gates than anyone else in Scotland, plus the UEFA money - they're just on a different financial planet to the rest of the Scottish leagues.

And not at all surprisingly, there's quite a lot of Rangers support in certain parts of NI.
The housing estate leading up to Windsor Park has more Rangers flags on display than Ibrox on a matchday

Hope we`ve got a "loan cannot be terminated" in the deal.

Hope we`ve got a "loan cannot be terminated" in the deal.
Window to window deal so they can send him back but would have to carry on paying for him and we wouldn't be able to play him (not that we do anyway) or move him to another club

Cundle on the bench again for Plymouth. He's been getting decent numbers and playing well by all accounts. Hopefully he gets starts again soon

Cundle on the bench again for Plymouth. He's been getting decent numbers and playing well by all accounts. Hopefully he gets starts again soon
Hell of a game. 3-2 at halftime. The first Plymouth goal is a brilliant volley well worth searching out.

Coincides with the manager going to Stoke

#Starboy on the bench vs Kilmarnock today.

Back