• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rotherham fans really hate Lembikisa don’t they!

Some going if he can't get a game over Dessers

No game till the 24th now for the winter break. Looks like Rangers are doing a training camp in Spain with a friendly there as part of it. So seeing what role he has in that will probably be a clue of if he has impressed or not.

Podence played 81 minutes of a 1-0 defeat at Larnia this afternoon.

Liam says we're willing to sell Cundle for £2m, Bristol City and Stoke interested.

Sounds about right to me. We'll get people flapping that it's "not enough" like they did with Sanderson, Giles and Sarkic who aren't worth what we ended up getting.

Liam says we're willing to sell Cundle for £2m, Bristol City and Stoke interested.

Sounds about right to me. We'll get people flapping that it's "not enough" like they did with Sanderson, Giles and Sarkic who aren't worth what we ended up getting.
Bargain for those clubs imho.

He probably needs a few seasons at championship to develop anyway but I think he's got the potential to be a PL player

Dunno what the going rate for young players in the Championship is but Cundle seems decent for that level.

He's 22 in April and has only started half of Plymouth's games, they're 18th in the Championship. I don't think he's anything like that level of potential.

Dunno what the going rate for young players in the Championship is but Cundle seems decent for that level.
If you don't have parachute money then you're potless, is the general rule of thumb.

People always expect stupid fees that are never ever going to happen and overrate players off YouTube clips. Ryan Giles was never, ever, ever a PL player (especially as a LB) and people acted like we were massively underselling him at £5m.

He's 22 in April and has only started half of Plymouth's games, they're 18th in the Championship. I don't think he's anything like that level of potential.
My bad, thought he was one of their 'star' players, didn't realise he'd only started half their games.

Fucking Hell denied not once, but twice in the last hour. Once more and you are going to have to call me Jesus

I suspect most PL teams have a young midfielder of similar standard to Cundle. He’s a decent player but not much evidence that he’s PL quality. £2m, with a sell on if possible , makes sense and will allow him to settle at a team and give it his best shot.

Quite. Flip it around and say we were paying £2m for someone this month who couldn't command a place in Plymouth's team, and isn't that young. And also doesn't seem to have an obvious position at this stage. See what reaction that would get.

A goal contribution every 0.58 games is a decent return. I think he's being kept out by Finn Azaz who has been very good for Plymouth.

I'm not doing to die on a hill over this, but I'd put him a level above Giles, Sanderson etc

Provided we put in the necessary clauses then I think it's the right move for cundle. He'll develop more playing games for a team that wants him than being on the loan train for another season or two.

A goal contribution every 0.58 games is a decent return. I think he's being kept out by Finn Azaz who has been very good for Plymouth.

I'm not doing to die on a hill over this, but I'd put him a level above Giles, Sanderson etc

Provided we put in the necessary clauses then I think it's the right move for cundle. He'll develop more playing games for a team that wants him than being on the loan train for another season or two.
Completely agree, he was very good for Swansea last season too. I think £2m isn't enough but we have to let players go who won't make it here and as good as I think he could be he isn't a PL class player and likely ever to only be a loser one at best.

I think he'd be very good in Spain or Portugal.

Back