• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2 v Wolves 0: The Verdict Thread

Nothing Patricio could have done about that, and Doherty really shouldn't have been facing his own goal.

I don’t need my goal keeper to tell me to clear the ball from a cross in my own penalty area. Particularly when I am aware there is a guy behind me

But if I shout and you fuck it up as spectacularly as Doc did your ears would be ringing for the rest of the game lol!

I thought it was a bit harsh too. I want Patricio to show a bit more.

It was just shit and ruined a game we had every chance of winning. It's an accident i suppose, but gray taking the piss out of him, missing an open goal and spannering crosses out for throws on the opposite side are not accidents.

Get him well away from the team.

Patricio talks a lot. Watched him closely v Villarreal and he was always directing and talking to the 3 CB's

Really? Seemed quiet to me. Will study closer.

Tim Howard never shut up but he had tourettes

It was just shit and ruined a game we had every chance of winning. It's an accident i suppose, but gray taking the piss out of him, missing an open goal and spannering crosses out for throws on the opposite side are not accidents.

Get him well away from the team.

Amen.

But if I shout and you fuck it up as spectacularly as Doc did your ears would be ringing for the rest of the game lol!

I thought it was a bit harsh too. I want Patricio to show a bit more.

Well we’ve had two games where we’ve had most the ball, not allowed many shots, but conceded 4 times.

You’ll get your wish next week against City when the goal is getting peppered.

Really? Seemed quiet to me. Will study closer.

Really. Also grabbed Coady during breaks in the game to talk through stuff he was spotting, especially in the 1st half when they were realising the easy option was play down the side of Saiss.

Really. Also grabbed Coady during breaks in the game to talk through stuff he was spotting, especially in the 1st half when they were realising the easy option was play down the side of Saiss.

That's good. You're knowledge is better than mine. I really hope he is the keeper he has been billed to be. Clean sheet v city?

Very unlikely. Maybe a game for Will Norris and Danny Batth to play as they have a 100% clean sheet record against Pep's City team...

Already seen comments that Batth should play ffs.

Apparently, Timmy II reckons calls for Matt to be dropped are nonsense....so there.

Apparently, Timmy II reckons calls for Matt to be dropped are nonsense....so there.

If we're operating under the assumption that his immediate backup is Oskar, then yeah, it probably is nonsense.

So far there hasn't been any hint of an idea that Nuno will use Jonny on the right. Which leaves us desperately short of options on that side unless we want to stick Bennett there or something.

Doc still gets a disproportionate amount of stick compared to others. Jota was terrible against Everton and got hooked at HT yesterday yet he hasn't had anywhere near as much criticism. Same with Costa. They've both been criticised but not nearly as much.
I think that comes down to where people feel their relative abilities lie. Doherty, Coady, Jota and Costa have all been poor so far. People will generally go at those they didn't feel were good enough in the first place as it confirms viewpoints/bias, but if Jota and Costa continue to look like they are tossing it off/playing for themselves then there will be a different level of bile aimed in their direction eventually.

I got slaughtered on the Wolves Ay We Facebook group last week for saying the same thing.

It's hilarious and also a bit worrying that so many of our fans think Doherty is a good player. I was genuinely shocked at the responses.... people were actually seriously trying to say that Doc was PL quality :icon_lol:

"You're not a proper fan! Go and support West Brom or Villa..." :icon_lol:

There are some right bellend Wolves fans on Facebook. I've put almost all of the Wolves pages on ignore because of them. The Malta Wolves group is a good one but even they are starting to get arseholes joining them to infect normal fans with their fucking bullshit

Doc wasn't the only one who had too many poor moments Saturday, just his were sometimes quite spectacular. I didn't expect him to be great though but the opening performances of Jota and Costa are worrying albeit obviously it's early days yet.

Jota and Costa do need to up their games definitely, the thing is we know they’re capable of much better.

I posted this on The Mix..

19th August 2017 we lose to Cardiff in a game where a few of our players get a rude awakening to some of the tactics in the Championship.

18th August 2018 we lose to Leicester in a game a few of our players get a rude awakening to life in the Premier League and mistakes won't go unpunished.

Crucially in the opening two games last year against perennial high spenders/top six wannabes we were never outclassed. Just the same against two top eight sides now.

Back