• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2 v Wolves 0: The Verdict Thread

Yeah, it wasn’t rocket science to work out when I looked at Timmy’s tweet [emoji23].

How dare I have a go at Super Matt?!?!? I've known Jim and Al since we were kids but the other guy I know nothing about, other than he's a very angry supafan.

I got slaughtered on the Wolves Ay We Facebook group last week for saying the same thing.

It's hilarious and also a bit worrying that so many of our fans think Doherty is a good player. I was genuinely shocked at the responses.... people were actually seriously trying to say that Doc was PL quality :icon_lol:

I can just about handle Dingles Aye We but tbf, they're on 'snooze' 99% of the time. Too many belmers.

Just watched by he highlights twice, we should have been three up, but there's no excuse for docherty's own goal ffs, Geoff Hurst would be gaging for that.
And Adams looks the buzz so far., but he needs a bigger shirt!
Love the away strip to bits by the way.

Whilst agreeing with you, players that have been outstanding in the past will naturally get more room before they get pelters. Doc hasn't really reached that level of performance.

Jota, Costa etc carry on how they started and it won't be long before they are getting people complaining about them on the internet. Cav will be delighted right now, by the time he comes back he will have become the lovechild of Ronaldo and Messi in terms of ability.

Jota and Costa were very poor yesterday, relative to what we have come to expect of them based on last season's performances. Docherty, however, has not only NOT reached their previous level of performance (despite his number of games) but yesterday he was abysmal, more to the point a game changer for Leicester, when he was apparently playing for Wolves! I rarely criticize any Wolves player because that does not help team spirit. But Docherty's abject performance yesterday has caused me to break one of my sacrosanct rules. Enough of this mockery that he is a PL player.

Abysmal is going to far. He was poor but not abysmal

Abysmal is going to far. He was poor but not abysmal

I genuinely hope that your perspective is correct and mine is wrong. Perhaps mine stems from having watched too many games involving him over the years where he appeared to be a disaster waiting to happen, and happen it did yesterday in a game that Wolves should have won.

I wanted to give Doherty the chance to prove many wrong. Unfortunately in the league he has already cost us points and that means we should be ruthless. Leeds beckons Matt or Sheff Utd or Sunderland.

I genuinely hope that your perspective is correct and mine is wrong. Perhaps mine stems from having watched too many games involving him over the years where he appeared to be a disaster waiting to happen, and happen it did yesterday in a game that Wolves should have won.

I have seen Doc have abysmal games, plenty of times but yesterday was just a poor performance and the OG just makes it look worse. I do have some sympathy for him on the OG though - His natural reaction took over when the ball flicked off Coady and he just headed it, the fact it powers into the top corner makes it look like a stunning error. Easy for us to sit here and say he should have left it etc but the majority of players would have done the same thing, some would get lucky and it goes wide.

I wanted to give Doherty the chance to prove many wrong. Unfortunately in the league he has already cost us points and that means we should be ruthless. Leeds beckons Matt or Sheff Utd or Sunderland.

I sympathise with the point but that would leave us absolutely bereft of any cover. Matt won't go anywhere until we get in suitable upgrades to the position. Maybe that will be January. He should be dropped, in my view, but we can't afford to jettison him from the squad completely.

I have seen Doc have abysmal games, plenty of times but yesterday was just a poor performance and the OG just makes it look worse. I do have some sympathy for him on the OG though - His natural reaction took over when the ball flicked off Coady and he just headed it, the fact it powers into the top corner makes it look like a stunning error. Easy for us to sit here and say he should have left it etc but the majority of players would have done the same thing, some would get lucky and it goes wide.

You are being very generous, Kenny. I'm not for getting rid of Docherty but I do think he needs to be dropped and used as a squad player.

I am going out on a limb here. When that cross comes in Patricio should shout something. Looking at the video he says nothing.

Away
Out
Time Matt

Just think that a keeper can help there.

Harsh?

When he reaches Rohan Ricketts levels of being $#@! then I will stop being generous towards him...

No player under Nuno will ever reach that level! That was only possible under Hoddle, which I think you know.

I am going out on a limb here. When that cross comes in Patricio should shout something. Looking at the video he says nothing.

Away
Out
Time Matt

Harsh?

Very harsh. The Coady touch changes everything on that cross. Simply not enough time for Patricio to see the flick, assess the situation and tell Doc what to do. By the time Patricio knows the ball direction has changed, Doc is thundering the header goalwards

A competent defender should probably know that bollocking it into top bins wasn't a swell idea, goalkeeper shout or not.

A competent defender should probably know that bollocking it into top bins wasn't a swell idea, goalkeeper shout or not.

Obviously he didn't mean to bollock it there. His head movement to where the ball goes is very odd indeed, he is still moving his head to flick it away after it has flew in.

I remember thumping a header into the top corner when I was playing Sunday League many years ago. Was attempting to put it out for a corner and it went right in the top corner, fucking awesome header

Away
Out
Time Matt

Just think that a keeper can help there.

Harsh?

I don’t need my goal keeper to tell me to clear the ball from a cross in my own penalty area. Particularly when I am aware there is a guy behind me

Very harsh. The Coady touch changes everything on that cross. Simply not enough time for Patricio to see the flick, assess the situation and tell Doc what to do. By the time Patricio knows the ball direction has changed, Doc is thundering the header goalwards

Ok.

I just like really gobby keepers. Chunter chunter chunter in the lugs of the defence all feckin game

Ok.

I just like really gobby keepers. Chunter chunter chunter in the lugs of the defence all feckin game

Patricio talks a lot. Watched him closely v Villarreal and he was always directing and talking to the 3 CB's

Back