• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2 v Wolves 0: The Verdict Thread

I can't believe I'm getting pelters on Twitter for daring to say that Doherty isn't up to Prem football.

I can. I think the vast majority of Wolves fans think he's brilliant, that's up to them if that's what they see in him, but God help you if you say you think he isn't good enough.

I can't believe I'm getting pelters on Twitter for daring to say that Doherty isn't up to Prem football.
The support he's getting is a bit weird, particularly from Spiers, the bloke who threw Cavaleiro under the bus last season at the first sign of sketchy form.

Doc speaks to Timmy, so he is a "mate". See his reaction to KJ getting sacked, he gets emotionally tied to players/staff who give him time.

Doc is a popular player amongst our fan base. Finishing 3rd in our POTS award shows that. As with a lot of things, this forum has a general opinion that doesn't match that of a lot outside it. So with that, he gets pelters then there will be plenty to defend him.

Doc speaks to Timmy, so he is a "mate". See his reaction to KJ getting sacked, he gets emotionally tied to players/staff who give him time.

Doc is a popular player amongst our fan base. Finishing 3rd in our POTS award shows that. As with a lot of things, this forum has a general opinion that doesn't match that of a lot outside it. So with that, he gets pelters then there will be plenty to defend him.

Spot on on both points.

Tim really isn't a journalist, he lets his feelings get involved. Look at yesterday's ratings - doc got 5, Costa got 4. Costa might have been poor, but he wasn't doc level of bulleting into his own net level of poor.

Just in case that gets missed...
I like him, I find the podcasts are an easy way to pass half an hour stood by the toilet on the train. It's just he's not much of a journalist at all, can't really write very well, gets emotionally involved and arsey when anywhere dates to criticise him.

I got slaughtered on the Wolves Ay We Facebook group last week for saying the same thing.

It's hilarious and also a bit worrying that so many of our fans think Doherty is a good player. I was genuinely shocked at the responses.... people were actually seriously trying to say that Doc was PL quality :icon_lol:

You should get slaughtered for going on Wolves Ay We on Facebook.

Doc still gets a disproportionate amount of stick compared to others. Jota was terrible against Everton and got hooked at HT yesterday yet he hasn't had anywhere near as much criticism. Same with Costa. They've both been criticised but not nearly as much.

Doc still gets a disproportionate amount of stick compared to others. Jota was terrible against Everton and got hooked at HT yesterday yet he hasn't had anywhere near as much criticism. Same with Costa. They've both been criticised but not nearly as much.

Whilst agreeing with you, players that have been outstanding in the past will naturally get more room before they get pelters. Doc hasn't really reached that level of performance.

Jota, Costa etc carry on how they started and it won't be long before they are getting people complaining about them on the internet. Cav will be delighted right now, by the time he comes back he will have become the lovechild of Ronaldo and Messi in terms of ability.

I got slaughtered on the Wolves Ay We Facebook group last week for saying the same thing.

It's hilarious and also a bit worrying that so many of our fans think Doherty is a good player. I was genuinely shocked at the responses.... people were actually seriously trying to say that Doc was PL quality :icon_lol:

I can tell you honestly that Matt doherty isn’t Premier Quality.. :)

Apples and oranges. Plus plenty of people have agreed that both deserved to get hooked and they've both had a shit start to the season. That's two games each vs over 200 for Doherty, conceding he was better last season.

Back