• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2 v Wolves 0: The Verdict Thread

I don't buy it. I watched match of the day on Saturday. Look how many guilt edge chances Spurs missed. Look how many guilt edge chances Arsenal missed. We conceded a ridiculous own goal and shot from distance that without the deflection Rui would have saved easily. We were unlucky against Leicester to concede one goal never mind two.

Oh look, the fans have their view:

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ves-fans-verdict-v-leicester-no-need-to-panic

Apparently they are "regulars" but whether that means at the games or on the E&S/Spiers' timeline is anyone's guess.

I think it’s safe to say Doherty had a shocker. Probably one of his worst performances in a wolves shirt but I was quite shocked to hear other fans really going after him, he is probably one of our stronger players normally and a real key to our game. Neves also had a poor game with some really lazy passes and defensively he looked poor.
What on earth was she watching?!

Probably one of his worst performances in a wolves shirt

Nope, I'll easily give you 20 worse than that.

The one against Sheffield Wednesday in Lambert's first home game was probably the worst game I have seen him have.

The docherty situation has to be resolved, of course, but I think we are missing Jota far more.

The one against Sheffield Wednesday in Lambert's first home game was probably the worst game I have seen him have.

Home v Leeds in Zenga's last game for me (in which Doherty played left back in a flat back four - eurrgh). Everything he touched turned to shit and then got properly mugged off by the corner flag leading to Leeds' goal.

There's a long, long list (I'm being conservative when I say 20) but as for absolute worst, I'm torn between Cardiff at home in Jan 2016 when Craig Noone ripped him to shreds and his general demeanour was that of a 10am Wetherspoons regular, or Forest at home in Nov 2014 when the ref really should have called a halt to Michail Antonio massacring him every single time. But as I say, there are loads to pick from (the Sheff Wed and Leeds games mentioned above also being far worse than Saturday).

It's not even his worst performance in the last year. He was diabolical against Barnsley and Forest at home last season. Fulham and Villa away were not high points either.

Home v Leeds in Zenga's last game for me (in which Doherty played left back in a flat back four - eurrgh). Everything he touched turned to $#@! and then got properly mugged off by the corner flag leading to Leeds' goal.

Subbed him off pretty quick after they scored too. I like to think at that moment, right at the end, Zenga realised what a shit full-back Doherty was. The realisation that an overweight one-footed, defensively inept right-back shoehorned in at left-back for no good reason at all had just cost him his job in a sweet moment of anagnorisis.

giphy.gif

Being as he somehow took the honours in the season in which we conceded this goal (a season in which he started about three games before Christmas, and played well a grand total of 0 times before we beat Derby at the end of February), this serves as conclusive proof that anyone who says "he did well in the Player of the Season votes" in any context should be resolutely ignored. Our fans are insane when it comes to voting on that front. We must have the craziest selections of any club in the entire four divisions, so many that simply defy all logic.

Even the hand up in the air appeal was half-arsed.

Even the hand up in the air appeal was half-arsed.
His reaction to his own goal reminded me of this. Started pointing towards Coast as if to try and offload the blame/responsibility onto him.

His reaction to his own goal reminded me of this. Started pointing towards Coast as if to try and offload the blame/responsibility onto him.

I do wonder if mentally he's struggling. He didn't last season, played with a confidence and passion he hadn't shown at any point in his career.

At the moment he looks like the player who can't do it and never will.

Nah that was a standard reaction to a goal like that. All he is doing is saying to Coady is his touch fucked him over...his brain looking for a reason why he just scored a header Shearer would be proud of

You will never know if he is struggling mentally as he only has 1 expression his face can show, its as if he had botox when he was 18 and forever looks bemused

Naa he’s got his ‘I’m hard’ face as well.

Looked more like a "how have I done that" face to me.

His automatic/natural response is to look to not take responsibility. It stems from when he was a lazy bastard. It what lazy bastards do.

Maybe it was Derren Brown who subliminally persuaded him to miss an open goal and thunder a header into his own net.

Back