• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I wonder if he's a decent guy on the training ground so still has a fairly good relationship with the players....there are times when we have looked decent this season with our 'Plan A' (not yesterday obvs), its when the pesky opposition manager makes changes we have tended to fall apart. He a training ground coach.

I think it's clear that he works incredibly hard on individual game plans which the players will obviously see. So there will be a level of respect from the players there that he's so dedicated and talks well and passionately about football.

I don't think he's experienced enough or has the level of support needed though and I definitely don't think that he's quite as smart as he thinks he is, or that relying on him being a mega mind and outsmarting his opposite number every week is a sustainable way to approach managing a football club.

I think at a stable, normal club with the right backing he could have success but he needs support and he needs to pick his next role very carefully.

I agree with you that nothing will change but I'm also worried about what happens once we go down. If Fosun completely pull their backing and don't find a buyer we could drop like a stone.
Next season is very much next seasons problem. The more time we spend in this league the more likely it is that circumstances change behind the scenes and we go on an upward trajectory again. This managed decline lark is a load of bollocks to witness.

Everything your eyes and ears have told you over the last 6 months tell you this is not true, why would you believe otherwise?
I think GoN is a flawed manager. Last season alot of people kind of wrote off post March due to squad etc. whilst he was obviously handicapped, he did show signs of not being what the media thought he was (progressive English manager especially after his MNF cameo)

This season quite clearly has been shocking. I’m not going to sit here and pull wool over anyone’s eyes, we’re on 2 points from 9’games FFS. I just look at the other teams near the bottom and think we’ll have enough, with or without O’Neil. After today at worst we will be 4 points from safety.

With the players we’ve got in specific positions and in comparison of other teams, I just don’t see us finishing bottom 3.

Southampton are shit, Ipswich not much better, then you’ll have 3/4 teams who could stake a claim for 18th IMV

I just think we will have the players to keep us in the league, maybe more in spite of GoN not because of him.

Palace. They’re not going to accept the run of form we will (have) so they’ll improve or act.
Fairs.

I think if we are still on bottom 3 at Christmas Mr Shi will somehow find a chequebook. I just think we will have enough.

Irrelevant of if people or disagree, we can all agree it’s a fucking sad state of affairs 😭

I agree we do have enough quality in the squad. I mentioned above I think the players are playing for themselves and their own professionalism rather than the plum in the dugout.

The manager is the problem, results tell us that.
One thing for sure is the players haven’t down tooled. Which means either

1 - they’re playing for the manager
2 - they’re actually a decent group who have a bit about them

Whichever it is (I have a feeling you’ll say 2 😉) after the start we’ve had, that’s not a bad thing and gives me confidence, however misguided.

One thing for sure is the players haven’t down tooled. Which means either

1 - they’re playing for the manager
2 - they’re actually a decent group who have a bit about them

Whichever it is (I have a feeling you’ll say 2 😉) after the start we’ve had, that’s not a bad thing and gives me confidence, however misguided.
Ex1akY.gif

Imagine the explosion on here if the roles were reversed there.

Yeah, it was properly shite from them. What does the manager even say to his players after that? There's no accounting for it.

Yeah, it was properly shite from them. What does the manager even say to his players after that? There's no accounting for it.
Probably comes from the manager there though. 2-1 up deep into injury time, do they need to press that much. Not so much sit off us but don't commit 4 or 5 that high up. The rest that follows is horrendous though, the pass is dreadful and done under zero pressure. Next time that happens he is lumping the ball out of the stadium

Probably comes from the manager there though. 2-1 up deep into injury time, do they need to press that much. Not so much sit off us but don't commit 4 or 5 that high up. The rest that follows is horrendous though, the pass is dreadful and done under zero pressure. Next time that happens he is lumping the ball out of the stadium

It's absolute madness. Look how many players are charging forward when Doyle intercepts the pass, not just the 4.

He could've just run it into the corner, crossed it to the back post or, as you say, spanked it into the English channel and they win the game.

But who cares. We get a point.

Bit meh really. I want to know why Doyle wasn't in the box finishing it off.

Only seen highlights on MOTD as I'm away but as much as Sa was at fault for the first with rushed/poor distribution, he again pulled off some good saves, the long range effort from Baleba I think it was stood out, that I don't think Johnstone would have made

Only seen highlights on MOTD as I'm away but as much as Sa was at fault for the first with rushed/poor distribution, he again pulled off some good saves, the long range effort from Baleba I think it was stood out, that I don't think Johnstone would have made

Yeah that's exactly what we were saying in the ground. Like a lot of things regarding Wolves atm, it's a ridiculous situation we've gotten ourselves into there.

I believe the players are still behind him, a big plus. A decent run of games coming up to enable us to turn things round. That come back yesterday will hopefully give the players a bit of self belief.
The next run of games is massive as you say. If we continue to pick up fuck all points then Ofcourse my viewpoint would change.

Back