• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Could be he's gone with the British ass, as in a derivative of a donkey.

Edit. Actually the context does sit more with the American ass
It's the descriptive suffix to over emphasise the adjective. Like big-ass automobile. Or Get your candy-ass over here.

What a day! A 16 hour day in exchange for a last minute equaliser!

The first half was appalling, neither team looking particularly good, limited movement but we looked OK defensively. Sa making a great save from the volley and then playing a suicidal pass, with Dawson losing Wellbeck and we go in 1 down.

The second half, we looked more inventive, Sarabia made some positive contributions - his set piece taking is better than anyone else at the club, unfortunately he is sloppy with the ball.

Another poor ball from Sa, RAN then loses the ball and suddenly it's 2-0. The terrace was mostly full of acceptance and apathy, which is a worry.

Our first goal, well worked and nice to see us score from the back post rather than concede.

Thank you Weiffer for that appalling pass, a slice of luck with a deflection. Limbs.

Oh, and Forbs is a weird player. Doesn't strike the ball cleanly, had one nice run early and then dropped into a safety first mode.

Deservedly subbed off.
Marco Van Basten did not have any good things to say about him .

Brilliant day yesterday and great to have that last minute feeling again. I think like most I've been feeling very down about the whole club at the moment but it was nice to have a small taste of why we do it all in the first place.

I don't know that there's anything really to take away from the game tactically or that we learned anything new about the squad. We're still a mess and we're still in a terrible, terrible position with a manager who is totally out of his depth. These next few months are going to be so important and any hope that the last minute goal will be the spark to kick start a period of good form are misplaced IMO. We need to improve drastically on what we saw yesterday and can't rely on luck.

Good to see Sarabia back on the pitch yesterday, he was understandably a bit rusty but he's just so much more creative than anyone else in the squad. O'Neil needs to find a way to get the most out of him now.

1000011073.png
Nice to see our average starting position in the first half.

That first half was a disgrace. Like watching a lg1 team play against City in the Cup. IIRC Chorley had more of a go at us than we did at Brighton in the first half.

GoLage then changes his formation to the one he prefers thinking if he gets the sack at least he goes out the way he wants, but no, the footballing Gods decide this prick needs to make us suffer more.

I don't think the players are playing for him at all, I think they're playing for themselves and they are professionals with good ability and good grit and determination.

I watched him flapping his arms around yesterday to which the players universally ignored him.

He knows he's not good enough, we know he's not good enough, his post match comments tell you he's getting the sack. Time to pull the trigger.

View attachment 12030
Nice to see our average starting position in the first half.

That first half was a disgrace. Like watching a lg1 team play against City in the Cup. IIRC Chorley had more of a go at us than we did at Brighton in the first half.

GoLage then changes his formation to the one he prefers thinking if he gets the sack at least he goes out the way he wants, but no, the footballing Gods decide this prick needs to make us suffer more.

I don't think the players are playing for him at all, I think they're playing for themselves and they are professionals with good ability and good grit and determination.

I watched him flapping his arms around yesterday to which the players universally ignored him.

He knows he's not good enough, we know he's not good enough, his post match comments tell you he's getting the sack. Time to pull the trigger.
The players are with him, for whatever reason you want to use they haven't turned on him or given up.
I've seen enough over the years to spot a team that gives zero shits about the manager and have stopped playing. This lot havent, whether being uber professional or whatever, they are still putting in the effort for him. So it's a tick on the character and the atmosphere built off the pitch which GO leads.

Rest of it, I agree

Naturally I want us to win next week and win well and that means no sacking but if we don't win, I hope Hobbs and Shi are ready to pull the trigger.....but I fear the can will kicked further down the road on our journey back to the Championship

The players are with him, for whatever reason you want to use they haven't turned on him or given up.
I've seen enough over the years to spot a team that gives zero shits about the manager and have stopped playing. This lot havent, whether being uber professional or whatever, they are still putting in the effort for him. So it's a tick on the character and the atmosphere built off the pitch which GO leads.

Rest of it, I agree

Naturally I want us to win next week and win well and that means no sacking but if we don't win, I hope Hobbs and Shi are ready to pull the trigger.....but I fear the can will kicked further down the road on our journey back to the Championship
I don't think they're with him at all. It looks to me they're playing despite him.

If it works then I'm all for it and Beale II can sit in the dugout for as long as he wants if the results keep coming.

I don't think they're with him at all. It looks to me they're playing despite him.
You just want them to hate on GO as much you do.

Just accept the average human can't reach your levels of angry...

Just to take the heat away from EP, I still don’t think we will go down with GoN in charge.
Everything your eyes and ears have told you over the last 6 months tell you this is not true, why would you believe otherwise?

Back