• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We can’t count on that, regardless of how many we score we seem to concede more.
well we can count on the fact that we somehow are in a fight to survive rather than dead and buried having not won a game all season. A team as poor, possibly poorer than we have been will stay up this season.

well we can count on the fact that we somehow are in a fight to survive rather than dead and buried having not won a game all season. A team as poor, possibly poorer than we have been will stay up this season.
Only 1 team has been as poor as we have this season and they're not staying up either.

Glasgo(w) frequently indulges in Love Thy Neighbour style racism, once said he never wanted to see Willy Boly play for us again because he vaguely smiled after we lost a game and spent last Sunday telling people to fuck off while clearly smashed off his tits, for a start.

They aren't the same thing.
I'll bite

There was fuck all racist in that post.
I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN RACIST.

it was my generation growing up in the 80's that made massive advances in both Racial and Gender equalities, only to see today the Gender equality being eroded by loon balls.

There are regular racist commenta on here that go un punished, because of who they are aimed at.

I did not say that because of Boly's skin Colour i said it becausenof the reaction to a defeat.

You watch the players this season, Lemina in particular thats how defeats should be taken not smiling and Joking around, Like Boly did.

Does it matter if we stay up? The status quo will remain and we will be in the same situation having sold some more assets and not replaced them adequately while still leaving gaps in the squad. It’s a question of when we go down, not if.

It’s incredible really. There is a general theme abroad that Wolves have been unlucky, but GON must be the luckiest manager alive. The entire mainstream media decided he was good last winter and now that’s that so he gets a free pass there. Why attending Wolves fans remain so apathetic I’ve no idea, but they do. He likely only needs 3 points out of the next two games and it’s Carry on Chaos. Two points and a chunk of people will be cautioning against getting rid too early. ‘Careful what you wish for’. That’s despite an astonishingly awful run and a league table that shows no comfort whatsoever. Some of those ‘pretty poor teams’ have clear water already, we’re getting cut adrift right now and the turnaround required is completely improbable with the same leadership team in place. Fundamentally we are an evident shambles to anyone who watches the game, and I’ve no idea why anyone thinks that’s about to change without a change in management, it just makes no sense. At all.

Which is the third team we’re meant to be finishing above BTW? Leicester? I don’t see it. They’ve forgotten that they’re never allowed to pick up points to keep it fair.

If you’d have guaranteed me he’d have got the tin tack I’d have spent a point on that yesterday. As it is, he was always getting the next game so a point was great and was celebrated accordingly. A win would have been brilliant.

Regards the team themselves, I don’t doubt they’d still get out of it comfortably enough with a good manager, just like we did two years ago.

Next two games should be decisive, but I worry about what he’ll be able to survive.

it was my generation growing up in the 80's that made massive advances in both Racial and Gender equalities, only to see today the Gender equality being eroded by loon balls.

I’ll bite.

That’s my generation too and we didn’t make “massive advances”, we just made it an issue to be addressed and it’s the “loon balls” who have taken the baton and are trying to do something meaningful and lasting to eradicate the prejudice and inequality that is baked into our society.

Palace. They’re not going to accept the run of form we will (have) so they’ll improve or act.
I respect that view mate and you may be right. I personally think we might have enough quality in our squad to have a chance in spite of our manager and for whatever reason there is still some fight and spirit left in the team...... I'm not happy about it obviously, I would sack him today if I could. Just what he said in the media after the game yesterday was a bloody joke. Will see where we are after the next two games. Fail to win those and we are done I think.

I respect that view mate and you may be right. I personally think we might have enough quality in our squad to have a chance in spite of our manager and for whatever reason there is still some fight and spirit left in the team...... I'm not happy about it obviously, I would sack him today if I could. Just what he said in the media after the game yesterday was a bloody joke. Will see where we are after the next two games. Fail to win those and we are done I think.
I agree we do have enough quality in the squad. I mentioned above I think the players are playing for themselves and their own professionalism rather than the plum in the dugout.

The manager is the problem, results tell us that.

I do agree we’ve got enough quality to stay up, but ultimately it’s not quite enough to outweigh the lack of coaching. I like the players and tend to defend them, but that said we’ve not enough to stay up by rights. Fight as they do, it doesn’t look overly cohesive without leadership. Also agree the next two games will be telling, but starting to fear that what most of us would consider unacceptable there is not the same as the owners. Perhaps some fans too!

I wonder if he's a decent guy on the training ground so still has a fairly good relationship with the players....there are times when we have looked decent this season with our 'Plan A' (not yesterday obvs), its when the pesky opposition manager makes changes we have tended to fall apart. He a training ground coach.

Does it matter if we stay up? The status quo will remain and we will be in the same situation having sold some more assets and not replaced them adequately while still leaving gaps in the squad. It’s a question of when we go down, not if.

I agree with you that nothing will change but I'm also worried about what happens once we go down. If Fosun completely pull their backing and don't find a buyer we could drop like a stone.

I believe the players are still behind him, a big plus. A decent run of games coming up to enable us to turn things round. That come back yesterday will hopefully give the players a bit of self belief.

I believe the players are still behind him, a big plus. A decent run of games coming up to enable us to turn things round. That come back yesterday will hopefully give the players a bit of self belief.
I admire your hope.

Back