• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see it personally, I don't believe for a second they are Wolves fans.

They're Chelsea fans - but Chelsea aren't for sale, and owners don't have to be fans. The man city owners weren't born and bred in Manchester for example...

They're Chelsea fans - but Chelsea aren't for sale, and owners don't have to be fans. The man city owners weren't born and bred in Manchester for example...

I'm aware of that actually...

It has been said that they are Wolves fans elsewhere which I can't see for a moment. I would say we are a reasonable investment prospect but I don't see why anybody would want to go into football to make money, and given how successful they are in business, I can't see it.

They have some involvement in Horse Racing don't they? Seems like they have some sporting interest at least, just because they're successful businessmen doesn't mean everything they do with their money has to be about making more.

Is the main reason people get into horse racing to make money?

They have some involvement in Horse Racing don't they? Seems like they have some sporting interest at least, just because they're successful businessmen doesn't mean everything they do with their money has to be about making more.

They own the company that runs Dunstall Park (as well as other racecourses) and a load of other interests in it, such as the TV rights and such. So they involvement in that is about making money.

They own the company that runs Dunstall Park (as well as other racecourses) and a load of other interests in it, such as the TV rights and such. So they involvement in that is about making money.

Just because there's profit doesn't mean there's no other interest, the two don't have to be exclusive.

They might be massive horse racing fans, I have no idea, so perhaps that lead them to the investment or perhaps they just went in on purely financial terms, none of us know. It's unlikely that anyone is going to turn a profit on a football club, unless you're running it in a very selfish fashion or just having a massive global brand to trade off, that doesn't mean that someone usually fond of making money would never buy one though, plenty of successful businessmen have gone into football ownership.

These blokes have no ties to Wolves as it stands but then neither had Morgan either, yet they both have the resources to buy the club if they should choose so maybe it'll happen, time will tell.

You would guess they have an interest in Horse Racing but their involvement seems to be about the money making side of it. They have an interest in football and I am sure they know if you invest in football, unless you are one of the top clubs in the world you won't get much, if anything, back from your investment. With Billions and Billions to hand, a football club might just be the perfect toy for them.

It would be brilliant if this was true but it more than likely is bollocks. Would not mind being wrong on this one though.

You would guess they have an interest in Horse Racing but their involvement seems to be about the money making side of it. They have an interest in football and I am sure they know if you invest in football, unless you are one of the top clubs in the world you won't get much, if anything, back from your investment. With Billions and Billions to hand, a football club might just be the perfect toy for them.

It would be brilliant if this was true but it more than likely is bollocks. Would not mind being wrong on this one though.

A return to the Premier League if achieved through sensible spending would give an instant return on any investment into Wolves. The difficulty would be to find a buyer once you get there as seems to be the case at W**t B**m.

A return to the Premier League if achieved through sensible spending would give an instant return on any investment into Wolves. The difficulty would be to find a buyer once you get there as seems to be the case at W**t B**m.

I thought the case with WBA was the asking price of around £200m. No one seems to want to buy a piece of Sandwell for that amount.

You would presume if the likes of the Brothers do buy, they will want the club to be Top 6 and to do that, they would have to heavily invest and hope.

I thought the case with WBA was the asking price of around £200m. No one seems to want to buy a piece of Sandwell for that amount.

You would presume if the likes of the Brothers do buy, they will want the club to be Top 6 and to do that, they would have to heavily invest and hope.

I think a plus for Wolves is the state of the infrastructure. We have a state of the art training centre, a top quality academy, planning permission for expansion of the ground and some promise in the players in and around the first team. I would love this rumour to be true but I'm not holding my breath just yet!

Sort of my point really.

Lots of people seemingly very dismissive on the back very little information, they're not Wolves fans and it won't make them any money. Well without knowing the potential motives for any takeover who's to say those points would be an obstacle? I doubt anyone was picking Morgan out as a potential buyer a few years back were they?

I think a plus for Wolves is the state of the infrastructure. We have a state of the art training centre, a top quality academy, planning permission for expansion of the ground and some promise in the players in and around the first team. I would love this rumour to be true but I'm not holding my breath just yet!

Seen this mentioned a couple of times lately but not sure if it's still true?

They had outline permission for phases 2 and 3 when the new North Bank was built but you don't usually get more than 3 years before than permission is invalid, not really sure how that works with outline planning mind, either way you'd think that they'd be granted permission again anyway if/when the time comes for the subsequent phases to go ahead.

Seen this mentioned a couple of times lately but not sure if it's still true?

They had outline permission for phases 2 and 3 when the new North Bank was built but you don't usually get more than 3 years before than permission is invalid, not really sure how that works with outline planning mind, either way you'd think that they'd be granted permission again anyway if/when the time comes for the subsequent phases to go ahead.

If you have planning permission it doesn't take much to renew it when it runs out and unless something has significantly changed the planning authority will just pass it (for a fee)

When all this SM selling thread started I was up for it if it happened in relative quick time and to owners who could see the potential. Football has changed so much. It is now 90% about the money. Without the money you will win next to nothing anywhere anytime. We are where we are as our strategy is constrained by the overall mission that the club must be self sufficient. That can work, but only when you reach the promised land and that land is the premier league. To get there new owners need to understand the potential of the club, the limitations and the required investment. Premier football would double the money of anyone buying the club pretty much instantly. Pay SM 30-50 million give KJ 20 million in January , get promoted this year and its 140 million in the bank next year= 70 million profit in year one. Fail and it costs another 20 million in transfers and wages next year b. but even then a new owner based on those figures would make 50 million on promotion. Effectively buying Wolves for 50 million and investing 20 million a year for the next 4 years , whilst not guaranteeing promotion would give 4 shots at promotion and would still be 10 million in profit if it took those 4 attempts. It has to be worth a risk to billionaires/ Millionaires with enough to start with. Its what I cant work out about Morgan. Show him those figures on virtually any other project and he would be interested in investing. Am I missing something here? If I had 140 million to spend I would go for the above plan in a heartbeat . Even if it ultimately failed four years of great signings, good players, competing and challenging with a clear mission, clear investment policy would get the supporters onside and I reckon would be a boost for tickets and merchandising. Bring it on. I want to be on that train

Your problem there Cyber is you are saying "get it sold and give KJ the money in January". The chances of selling a club in that timescale is hugely unlikely. A sale at the end of the season is much more likely. Due diligence you would expect to take several weeks even if a preferred bidder was offered exclusivity.

Two things really.

1) No-one is going to throw £20m a year at a Championship club, year on year. Just won't happen.

2) If we're talking about someone "making their money back" that means they're going to pull a load of money back out of the club once they get promoted, presumably to the detriment of the club's spending power when they're in the Premier League. Like the Oystons did. Again is not going to go down well.

Added to which, there's no way I'm trusting Kenny Jackett with that level of funding. Too many duds and too many obvious limitations.

Your problem there Cyber is you are saying "get it sold and give KJ the money in January". The chances of selling a club in that timescale is hugely unlikely. A sale at the end of the season is much more likely. Due diligence you would expect to take several weeks even if a preferred bidder was offered exclusivity.

Ye,I can see that. I can also see changes but the simple maths seem to work. Why wouldn't you buy your way out of the league if possible? Remember when you get to the promised land you can have 140 mil each year every year so what if you take 40 mil out. Oystons screwed Blackpool under the old system of money. Now with the new TV deal its not such a risk- see Norwich. Burnley Hull and Derby seem to have twigged it . Leeds will be next once they get the right owner and that wont be long. If we get this change and so do Leeds I would tip us both for automatic next year. What niggles me is that the current owner is worth 570 million so could do this now at the stroke of a pen without the huge risks. Ok its still a gamble but what a return

DW I am with you re KJ and funding/ recruitment. We will never know the full story though. Given that we want to build on what we have a new owner either backs or sacks. Either way he then invests. That is the only model that improves what we have here and the one most likely to deliver premiership football in the shortest time. Imagine David Moyes here in January or next summer with a big budget and a specific mission? I know he has had a couple of kicks but he does remain a really good manager with a good track record. ( if not someone of similar quality and record) As I say there can be a very clear 5 year plan

1. Promotion to the Premier League
2. Best team in the Midlands
3. Club self sufficient
4. Europe/ Cup win
5. Long term premiership survival

Now thats a five year plan!

You Won't be able to take money out. You need that to compete unless you struck a deal with all the other minnows in the league to not spend £40m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back