• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In November 2015 they started moves to buy Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C for £50m with a promise to rebuild the Stadium and invest £500m in the team. Dave Edwards and Matt Doherty will become joint first team managers and will be expected to play every minute of every game under their stewardship. CEO of the club Jez Moxey is also set to remain in charge and the Billy Wright Stand will be renamed in his honour.

Come on, own up. Which one of you wrote this in 'Wikipedia'?
Hilarious! This is the precise reason why I always tell my students not to trust 'Wikipedia'. Nice one.

Why would they want to buy Wolves though? Sure Morgan has provided excellent groundwork, but plenty of clubs with far more potential. And if they guard their privacy, they won't buy a football club at all.

Abramovic is a very private person.

The possible reason is picking a Championship club (therefore cheaper cost in theory) that has infrastructure in place (we do) and has potential to be a solid premier league club if run in the correct way and therefore can pick up the Premier League cash cow. We tick those boxes. I would think Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday would also tick them big time, but there you are either hoping to deal with Chellino which is a mare, or new billionaire far East owners who would have no desire to sell. Derby? Mr Candy Crush has only recently bought it, and he is now cash flush after selling his business for billions last week. Brighton would be another tempting Championship club - brilliant stadium, high levels of support at the moment, all ticking the boxes. However, there is absolutely no sign that Bloom wants to sell at all.

Villa or Albion? Yes - already on the gravy train (although wobbling for Villa) but a considerably higher asking price and wage bill means initial costs would be pretty damn high.

I thought it was those two brothers from the Kansas City syndicate currently appearing in Fargo.

I actually think it's a wind-up, as nothing more substantial has been heard, today. I wish it were true, though. (But not the bit about Edwards and Doherty!)

The Doherty bit is true FACKT

This is rather different.

Seeing the MolMix poster who has had text contact, I am actually moderately hopeful that there is something in this, but we just have to wait and see.

The asking price seems high, however Wolves have an advantage over a lot of clubs in that there is no inherited debt for new owners to have to write off or address. Don't know anything about them, however if they are smart with their money like it alludes to I can't see them being interested in owning a football club. Which takes up a lot of time and doesn't particularly make money, and any that it does fans want spent.

Is this to be taken seriously?, or is it just made up bollocks from somebody on the Mix who is alleged to be in the know?

We will only know if it's true the day Neymar is holding up a Wolves shirt with his name on the front...

I can't see it personally, I don't believe for a second they are Wolves fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back